The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fan Ficton stories...your opinion?

Alesia

I asked one of the admin this question in a PM and he suggested I post openly to get the thoughts of other staff and the member base. I wrote (rather am writing) a fan fiction story based on the Fallout universe and I wanted to share in off topic. Issue is there are some parts that are swearing heavy (F word and S word, no Lords name in vain though). Some parts there is violence, I suppose you could call it a rated R film novelized. Is it allowed to be posted as long as there's a disclaimer before the link that says there's foul language and should be avoided if you get offended by that sort of thing or is it better to not post all together? Could I also put it up as PM me for the link?

• Like 1

Hi.

My opinion (but it's only In my name that I write) is that we are on a modeling Forum, not on a write one.

That's why I think all those topics as "Trivial game, Rock'nroll game and writing stories don't have their place here.

Now, I'm not an Admin and I don't take decisions so,......

Sorry,

Cheers,

Jamme

• Like 1

Not trying to start anything but I'm confused now. Why the rancor against the trivia quiz and stuff like that when the description on the forum sub-section is listed as "non-modelling chat"?

• Like 1

I have no "rancor" against the trivia quiz,etc.

Al I want to say is that we are on a modeling forum, that we should talk modeling, not loosing (at least I believe this, and once again, I'm speaking for me) precious time on playing games (there are specialized forums for that), etc. Talk modeling, techniques, painting, that's it.

One thing more, we better go to our bench and build.

Cheers,

Jamme

I'd have to agree with the above statements. I understand that there is a non-modelling area, but I've always seen that as a place to make a personal announcement or share an occasional picture. I'm not trying to tell other people what I think they should do, but seriously, those never-ending threads really distract from the purpose of the forum. After all, there are literally thousands upon thousands of forums, and between them you can post anything, from quilting to skydiving. I think that a forum like this, with such a specific purpose, should be for that purpose and little else. 

• Like 1

The sub section is there for all to use as the title indicates for non modelling chat, stuff related in some way to modelling such as film, tv, books etc etc I will read all day long, just not other stuff.

Makes sense.