The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

A bit of my stuff

I dont have a dedicated work room, just a desk that may or may not happen to be free of clutter, LOL. I have an art desk set up in my room, but a lot of my modeling is done on the corner of my dorm desk too. (older pic where the art desk was actually clean, and our sweet kitty making a guest appearance)

557381_2507974397245_1046163929_n.jpg

I have a good stash of about 40+ kits, and my mother likes to joke that I have more plastic in my closet than clothes. :P

217525_1509838924482_383297_n.jpg

Ive also got about 40 finished kits. Most of my 72nd stuff can fit in the display shelf I have, but Ive had to resort to using my 48th fighters as wall ornaments! (you can see how my stash goes wall-to-wall in my closet)

536068_2634143871403_1797200969_n.jpg

I like it .. very nice - what's the method? pin in the wall and some nylon thread around the tail?

It's very effective too and, whoa - nice stash. You're at university right? let me guess .. an aviation degree of some sort? 

Grant

• Like 1

I like it .. very nice - what's the method? pin in the wall and some nylon thread around the tail?

It's very effective too and, whoa - nice stash. You're at university right? let me guess .. an aviation degree of some sort? 

Grant

A thumb tack in the wall and a loop of fishing line wrapped around the tail does it for me :)

Im a History major actually, with a minor in Classics

Looks great owl, bet you're the only lady with model a/c hanging from your dorm wall there!  How's the job prospects looking after graduation? 

actually those pics are in my room at home. we cant nail anything into the dorm walls, so I just have posters and a couple small models sitting on my shelves

Job prospects are interesting...I have an internship at the Univerity's special collections/archives and I am hoping that leads to something. There are also a few museums around here that I am planning on applying to. But if those dont materialize right away, I still have my McD job that will allow me to work and save up until I do get a career job. So Im confident that something will work out.  :)

Owl,

I hope you do appreciate the cat letting you use that space.....She is very kind.  Your work is very nice.

ah, Nell.....she was fond of knocking things off my desk: waterbottles, paint jars, my glasses. If it was in her way, down it goes!  :huh: