The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:35 Plusmodel Grain Thresher

• Administrators

1:35 Grain Thresher

IMG_0030.JPG

Plusmodel
Catalogue #585
Available from Plusmodel for 86,88

Plusmodel always had a touch of creativity and boldness when they choose their subjects to be release.

But I confess that when I got this model kit I wonder: “What the hell is this??”

Plusmodel gives a brief introduction saying “a grain thresher was a machine used by farmers in 1920s and 1950s, when were no combine harvesters when harvesting grain. Our model represents a more advanced and for its time expensive variant.”

Well I start looking on the internet and didn’t found nothing like this treshing machine that is represented by Plusmodel

Until, cheing carfully in the box, I found the manufacture on the decals - HOFHERR SCHRANTZ.

And there it is:

196_2_l.jpg

196_3_l.jpg

196_4_l.jpg

Those pictures were taken of this website:

https://www.muzejzeravica.org/en/item/196

Amazingly, I also found a video with this grain tresher (or treshing machine) at full work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-m-dLnv3GU

So, this machine was made by Hofherr Schrantz Clayton Shuttleworth, from Budapest, Hungary and it was produce in 1924.

Now cracking the box, inside you will find a box full of resin bits, in tradicional way and in 3D way.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

Also a small decal sheet and also a small photo-etched sheet.

The resin parts are in tradicional grey colour.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

The surface detail is outstating. Being made of wood, the main pats of it have the wood veins very soft but perfectly designed.

All the surface details (rivets, bolts, wood veins) and manufacture logo are very well represented.

IMG_E0060.JPG

The structural parts and subassemblies are made in the tradicional resin parts.

These parts are perfectly casted with no bubbles or warps.

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0054.JPGIMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

The details parts like wheels, handles and others small stuff are made in 3D.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

The printing on these is very good, with no printing lines whatsoever, and really good and detail surface detail.

The intricate detailing of the thresher's components, including the drum, feeding mechanism, and collection chute, is truly great. Plusmodel once again has paid careful attention to replicating the authentic look and feel of a vintage grain thresher.

The small PE is for the small hinges and other very small detail that make the difference.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

The decals sheet is Plusmodel productions that gives you the manufacture logo and weight indication. It’s a small decal sheet but the detail is quite amazing with good color pigmentation and very well defined so its easy to see what is written.

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

The instructions are an almost step by step visual manual with parts identification.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

There`s no color indication but honestly there`s no need of any. Its wood and steel basically.

Although the decals indication is quite easy to follow and most welcome.

CONCLUSION

As usually, the quality is present in all Plusmodel items and this is no exception…

This model is not for beginners but is a finely crafted model kit that brings to life the essence of agricultural machinery from a bygone era. Designed with meticulous attention to detail, this model captures the essence of traditional grain threshers, making it a standout piece in any diorama.

Again with its great detailing, authenticity, and versatility, it stands as a testament to Plusmodel's commitment to quality and crafts-manship.

And as always, this model captures the imagination and trans-ports viewers to a bygone era of farming and really inspired me with ideas for dioramas… As mostly an aircraft modeller, and with some new 1:35 options in the market, I already have some projects where I can put this beautiful grain thresher.

Very Highly recommended

Francisco Guedes

Our thanks to Petr from PLUSMODEL for producing this beautiful kit.

plusmodel-uvod-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2