The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Roden 1/48 T-28D completed

While I'm waiting for the Mosquito bomb bay set to arrive I decided to pull this kit off the shelf and do some more work on it. I had started it some time back and this seems to be a good time to do a little more on it. I plan to use these AOA decals.

Roden T-28D.jpg

Roden T-28D 2.jpg

• Like 2

Making progress on this poor fitting model. Needs lots of CA, putty and sanding. I'll be glad when the Mossie bomb bay shows up (Monday).

3-15-24 B 001.jpg

3-15-24 B 002.jpg

• Like 3

John

Great choice for a 'fill in' build until the bomb bay Aires set arrives. It's easy to see all the work: sanding and filler needed to whip this T-28 into shape. Nice choice of not to often seen markings. :construction:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Great choice for a 'fill in' build until the bomb bay Aires set arrives. It's easy to see all the work: sanding and filler needed to whip this T-28 into shape. Nice choice of not to often seen markings. :construction:

All that extra work needed reminded me why I had originally put it aside. Getting the wings on was a frustrating thing but with some "creative engineering" I finally got them attached. 🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

You are doing a great job so far!

Thank you. I've set this one aside for a bit but will get back to it later on. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now waiting for the Magic Factory Corsair(s) to be delivered. Just to keep something on the bench and pass the time I decided to resume work on this Roden AT-28D. Undersides are Testor's Flat Black and the uppers are Xtracolor 3 color SEA camo.

4-6-24.jpg

4-6-24 2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Glad you picked the T-28 back up while waiting for your next Corsair build(s). Freehand cammo looks spot on the money.

:construction: 

Just something to work on while waiting for the Corsair kit to show up. Tracking says it's out for delivery so it ought to get here some time this afternoon. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I started this build a number of weeks ago and set it aside to go to something else. Since I'm between builds right now I decided to drag it out and see about finishing it. So, today it's done and ready for inspection. I didn't try to go all out on it, just finish it. Not too bad a 1/48 kit but some of the parts are a bit "thick" such as the lower landing gear doors which I replaced with sheet styrene. At any rate it's finished. There are some "warts" on the build but I'll live with it. :)

4-23-23 4.jpg

4-23-24 2.jpg

4-23-24 3.jpg

4-23-24.jpg

• Like 3

• JohnB changed the title to Roden 1/48 T-28D completed