The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell 1/48 CF-104G Starfighjter

10 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Ralph

Hate to admit, but I never used it, just set in my ways at this stage of the game.

Oh you got to try it!! Virtually no sanding as it cleans up with a cotton swab and warm water. It’s nirvana, lol!!$

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:51 AM, Peterpools said:

Ralph 

Looking mighty good and right with you about seam would and of course, scribing back in all the lost panel lines - oh what fun. 

:construction:

Lord I hate it, lol!!! I’m not at the museum skill set that I’d consider scribing all the detail back!!  That’s why I love the Dark Side!!! Cover it with mud and no one knows the difference!!

Very glad I purchased these air brush cleaning brushes years ago because someone let Stynylrez in his airbrush for a week!!! Finally after several hours of cleaning it’s spraying again!!!

IMG_9194.jpeg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

As an aside, if it's an F-104 it's a G, if it's a CF-104 it has no G... The only one with nomenclature behind is the CF-104D which in USAF nomenclature was a TF-104.. go figure. also the G sort of implies that there was an A through F, I know of the A, B and C, then G and TF... Lockheed and USAF sure didn't make it easy.

Anyway, also note, if you're making a CF, file off the bump in front of the windshield, the CF's didn't have them... 

• Like 1