Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell FW-190F-8 completed

Saved from the sod. I've wanted to model this particular a/c for quite a while so now was a good opportunity to get it done. Painted with Testor's MM, Colourcoats and Tamiya. Decals are from my stash. I hope you like it!!! πŸ˜ƒ

DSC02510.jpeg

DSC02511.jpeg

DSC02512.jpeg

DSC02514.jpeg

Scan_20240722.jpeg

DSC02513.jpeg

• Like 10

I'm a bit surprised no one has had any comments to make on this build. πŸ™ƒΒ I really like the way it turned out and figured you guys would also.

• Like 1

• JohnB changed the title to Revell FW-190F-8 completed
11 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Definitely a nice build, John and you have the historical photo as well which I always like, too.Β  Β Why did you choose this particular AC?

Thanks Chris. I'm glad you like it!Β  I have wanted to do this a/c for a while and decided now was a good time. I like those late/end of war camouflage schemes as lots of those a/c didn't conform to the "normal" schemes. With that in mind finding some nice unusual (not cookie cutter) schemes appeals to me. πŸ™‚

59 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Thanks Chris. I'm glad you like it!Β  I have wanted to do this a/c for a while and decided now was a good time. I like those late/end of war camouflage schemes as lots of those a/c didn't conform to the "normal" schemes. With that in mind finding some nice unusual (not cookie cutter) schemes appeals to me. πŸ™‚

Ahh I agree.Β  There is something to be said for individuality on the camo scheme.Β  The Spitfire and F-4 Phantom II camo patterns are nice, but I like the splotches on the ME-262 and Bf-109s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Ahh I agree.Β  There is something to be said for individuality on the camo scheme.Β  The Spitfire and F-4 Phantom II camo patterns are nice, but I like the splotches on the ME-262 and Bf-109s.

Yes indeed Chris. πŸ™‚

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Hi John,

Your paint finish is top notch. I really like the A and F series of Wurgers and you have done a very nice job of doing an understated and convincing camouflage finish.

Kind regards,

Paul

Thank you Paul. I appreciate the nice comments. I see you are a new member so WELCOME! πŸ™‚Β We have a great bunch of guys here.

• Like 2