Fran

• Administrators

1:35

MiniArt

Tempo A400 Lieferwagen Bakery Van

IMG_5736.JPG

Catalogue n.º  38066

Price tag: 33,50€

Today, we are going to get deep in a very awkard vehicle, that I have a soft spot for it.

For me it is almost a cartoon vehicle.

Long before even to imagine a plastic model Tempo A400, there was only one made in resin.

Now, a truly amazing panoplia of Tempo A400 is now available thanks to Miniart.

The Tempo A400 was a three-wheeled delivery van developed in Germany in the 1930s. It was widely used for small businesses because of its compact design and ability to navigate narrow streets.

“The Vidal & Sohn Tempo-Werk GmbH based in Hamburg was founded in 1928, in order to manufacture delivery vans. Above all, the Tempo tricycles and the post war model Matador are known nowadays. Tempo vehicles were used in the Wehrmacht only very rarely. A use by the location administrations is conceivable.

About 1,300 exemplars of the all-terrain vehicle Tempo G 1200 were made from 1936 to 1944. The Wehrmacht did not accept this type. So, only single exemplars of this type were used by the Wehrmacht. 985 exemplars were delivered to Sweden, 20 to Denmark, and further exemplars to Australia, Chile, Iraq and allegedly to Romania and China.”

Resource: http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Motor_Vehicles/Germany/Tempo/tempo.html

Tempo_A400_1m.jpg

tempo-a400-2.jpeg

unnamed.jpg

image.jpg

Tempo T1 2021-06-05 01.32.49.jpg

Check this page for some amazing Tempo pictures

https://www.ndr.de/geschichte/chronologie/Tempo-und-seine-Fahrzeuge,tempowerk104.html

Now let´s see the model.

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5740.JPG

IMG_5750.JPG

The first thing that trike me is the size of it… even in 1:35 is a quite small but being a MiniArt kit that doesn’t represent less parts. 

Checking the spurs, the plastic is a traditional light grey one, non brittle, easy to work with.

All the parts have no flash whatsoever and the details are very defined.

The sprue A is actually two sprues ( Ac and Ab) and they are the main vehicle bodies with the hood exception that is in one piece, perfect mold, perfect surface details and with no distortion at all. A nice touch is the fact that rear doors can usually be posed open or closed to show off the interior.

IMG_5751.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

The B sprues, the 3 wheels and engine, transmission are present. Some parts may be quite small, so precision tools like a sharp hobby knife and tweezers will be necessary.

IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5757.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

As for the sprue Ba, all the parts for the cabin are present. The interior includes a detailed driver's cab, with seats, steering wheel, and dashboard all finely represented.

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

I hate to repeat myself but the detail on this little model are just amazing.

On sprue Cd, front arm suspension and other suspension parts.

IMG_5769.JPG

One the Cb, one cargo panel side.

IMG_5768.JPG

The only explanation that I found for having so many little sprues with very few parts is the innumerous variants made by Miniart and this is probably the best way to do it reducing the productions costs. That`s totally fine by me as long MiniArt keep on business giving to the modelling world their fantastic models.

Moving of the clear parts. I always liked Miniart clear parts as they are in fact clear and no distortion.

IMG_5781.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

Now, the last but no the least,  the best sprues.

The bread tray, all six of then

IMG_5770.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

And the croissant, several kinds of bread, the cornbread….

IMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

Now the PE sheet which add a level of realism, especially for finer details like grilles, hinges.

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

The decals are very well printed with fantastic colours and pigmentation. It´s a very striking decal sheets resulting in several fantastic liveries.

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

With this decal sheet you have 5 markings options since Germany Late 1930`s, two  Germany Late 40`s, two Germany early 1940`s and one Germany 1948-1956.

IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5749.JPG

The instructions are quite easy to understand adn to follow with some good color indication.

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

Conclusion:

The ultimate model kit of the iconic Tempo A400 with fine attention to detail, from the interior to the exterior.

The PE parts add extra realism and fine details

The options given are very striking and will made this model to stand out being perfect for dioramas as its compact size and historical context make it a great addition to vintage or war-time street scenes.

However this is not beginner model kit as the very small parts, sub-assmblies and PE makes this model perfect for the intermediate modeler.

The MiniArt Tempo A400 Lieferwagen Bakery Van (38066) is an exceptional kit for modelers who enjoy a challenge and appreciate the historical significance of early 20th-century vehicles.

Do yourself a favour and get one here.

Thanks to Miniart for producing such a little jewel.

Miniart Logo  - Largescalemodeller.jpg

IMG_5752.JPG

• Thanks 1