The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Bespoke decals

mgbgtv8steve

Hi everyone - I was reading through some books I have on the F.100 Super Sabre and came across F.100D 56-3262, the mount of Colonel S.T. Smith Jr. when he was CO of the 48th.TFW, and thought it had some very striking colours which would make a very attractive model. This set my mind a ticking as I've got the Trumpeter F100D kit, which I think is pretty good, and I think I can 'cobble together' most of the markings from the spares box but have hit a snag when it comes to the 48th.TFW badges and Colonel Smith's personal markings.

Is there anyone/anywhere you can have 'bespoke decals' created in 1/32nd. scale?

I look forward to being amazed.

Regards,

Steve S.  

Not really decals but drop Mal Mayfield an email at miraclemasks@hotmail.co.uk

If you provide him with good reference photos he may be able to help, although the designs may be too intricate to reproduce in a vinyl mask

Try his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/miraclemasks?ref=hl

Alternatively, if you have a inkjet printer and simple photo editing software you could buy decal film and print your own. Not tried it personally, but I've heard others have.

Hi Ajay - I thought about paint masks but as you say the design might just be too complicated for this method. I think your second suggestion may offer a more available solution - all I need to do now is to get the household budget to stretch to the expense i.e. get 'her in doors approval' !!

I'll contact Mal and see what he says - thanks!

I hope the weather is being kind to you down in Cornwall - we used to live in Callington back in the '80s.

Regards,

Steve S. 

• 2 months later...