Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair Seatbelt set

NigelR32

F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair Seatbelt Set

Eduard

Catalogue # 32 784
Available from Eduard for €7.10
Bunny Fighter Club price: €6.04

Yet another upgrade set for the Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair, this time we look at the seat belts. This set is made from plated and painted brass, at the time of writing Eduard had just released the fabric belts, but they were not available for review.

This set comes packaged in the normal clear sleeve with card insert, containing one plated and painted brass fret and one A5 sheet of instructions printed on both sides.

The brass fret measures 70 x 34mm with 36 parts.

fret.jpg

As can be seen here, the stitching detail on the belts is nothing short of incredible.

closeup.jpg

If you've ever used this medium for seatbelts you will know that they can be great or awful!! In my experience a gentle warm with a hair dryer before carrying out any sharp bends helps prevent the paint cracking.

These instructions have been downloaded from the Eduard site and printed in colour on A4 paper...

Sheet 1..

Instructions1-5.jpg

Sheet 2..

Instructions2-4.jpg

With care in the assembly process this set of belts will be very realistic. I will use them on my F-4 build and add a little wash to weather them and a coat of matt varnish to really make them pop.

Sincere thanks to Eduard for supplying this review sample.

• Like 1