Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hawk T1A 74 Sqd.

Thanks Ralph, I am quite pleased with them, always more you could do with them once you start getting into it but this is enough for me, I intend finishing this one without the intervention of the bin. :D

I just bought a Revell 4849 1/32 BAe Hawk T.1 RAF Kit on eBay :-)

Are you doing yours black?

Yeah all black, I may get into grey one later if I manage to finish this.

After two nightfighters in a row I'm over black, lol but this is a very attractive aircraft dressed in gloss black so I will do the same!

Did you use the cockpit decals out of the box? I assume you ordered the seatbelts direct from Edward?

Agree Ralph, looks superb in the gloss black, the instruments are also Eduard and a big improvement over the kit decals, they are the zoom range and come ready painted and self adhesive, I usually get this sort of stuff from Sprue Bros.

• Like 1

I'll have to check out Spruce Brothers when I get ready to start the build.

Since I'm close to finishing my Ju88 build I ordered Edward seatbeats, remove before flight ribbons and photo etched instruments panels for my Beaches to Berlin P38J Lockheed Lightning build. I may also wire it for LED lights too!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, this kind of out of my comfort zone for me so I progress slowly, any way got the fuselage filled with bits?

20140630_171024_zpsd2537d0f.jpg

and now have the fuselage in one piece, tried hard to get as good a joint as poss. went together quite well needed a little bit of fiddling,

20140630_181813_zps39ddcd61.jpg

20140630_181831_zpsdb7a3ad5.jpg

Thanks, Steve.

• Like 1

So I have started filling and cleaning up the seams on the fuselage, did not seem too bad but the intake areas took a bit of work to clean up and blend and did some rescribing, interested to see how it looks with primer on, working on the vent panel on top of the fuselage which was not a particularly good fit, found the steps in some areas of the fuselage joints irritating almost cut the locating pegs off and went for a butt joint but persevered in the end,

20140702_180806_zpsf5e3231b.jpg

20140702_180837_zps34b2affb.jpg

Thanks.

• Like 1