The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tacky paint

I have to ask also what kind of primer? I used gray primer, let dry three days, on the Ju88 and Tamiya Aerosol Black. It dried overnight but my hobby shop person said it was the black to use due to its even self leveling properties and drying time.

Thanks guys,

Well I have to say it is very warm and humid but in truth it is probably down to my impatience and numptiness instead thin layers and allowing them to dry I put several wet coats down to soon, good news this morning I misted several coats of MR clear flat which made a big difference, tonight I did the same but with clear gloss and things are great now. :rolleyes:

I have to ask also what kind of primer? I used gray primer, let dry three days, on the Ju88 and Tamiya Aerosol Black. It dried overnight but my hobby shop person said it was the black to use due to its even self leveling properties and drying time.

Tamiya gloss black in the rattle can is the best there's out there, and I'm an enamel guy. I've known some modelers to use it to prime for Alcad because their, Alcad, gloss black can at times be a crap shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...