The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:35 Windmill - Plusmodel

• Administrators

PLUSMODEL

1:35 Diorama Accessories

Windmill

(Catalogue n.º 469)

Price Tag: 52.30€

(Balsa wood, Laser carved wooden parts and 1 resin parts)

IMG_6935_zpscc24sbgu.jpg

Available from Plusmodel 

Another diorama accessories release by Plusmodel and quite a unsual one.

When I saw this one in the upcoming release I was eager to get my hands on one, and I was lucky enough to have one for review.

Enough blabla... and lets crack the box.

IMG_6936_zpsaenusxdq.jpg

This is a truly model kit at his own…. Likewise the shed, this does have instructions and the indication and drawings of all parts.

The parts P and N are structural parts being all the P parts interiors parts in thick paper card, to give strength windmill walls that are laser cut wood and therefore quite thin and fragile.

IMG_6938_zpsl0rljrjw.jpg

IMG_6948_zps9xnk4kyo.jpg

IMG_6949_zps63p8aupl.jpg

IMG_6945_zpsbar7agsa.jpg

IMG_6950_zpsqhrrm0mt.jpg

The P4 and P5 are the roof base.

On top of then, laser cut wood parts will be the roof tiles. I would paint the P4 and P5 in a light wood color, like buff, light earth, natural wood (Vallejo) as the color of the parts are quite dark and I really don’t know if roof tiles will cover in totality.

IMG_6942_zpsi3f6044k.jpg

The N parts are wooden beams that alongside with the P parts will give the windmill all the strength it need to hold in his feet’s.

The N 5 and N6 are exterior stair structure.

All other parts are for exterior (sails structure) and stairs.

IMG_6943_zpssnq420ic.jpg

IMG_6940_zpsmgz3tsn0.jpg

The only resin piece is the spinner.

The resin is in light gray with no distortion or bubbles as usual from Plusmodel.

IMG_7238_zps5ubo4xmh.jpg

IMG_7237_zpswqyklznk.jpg

This spinner in this type of windmill is all wood so Plusmodel did take the care to give the resin part a wood texture that is quite delicate and subtle but really realistic.

The instructions are given in two A5 sheets with good drawings, parts indications as already stated above.

Also a template for windmill sails, all made of wood. I will take some Xerox on this one to save the template/instructions for possible errors and lots of glue…

IMG_6952_zpsk3ozktjn.jpg

IMG_6953_zps1th8acmh.jpg

IMG_6954_zpsviwcwrwd.jpg

IMG_6955_zpse5uye5xd.jpg

IMG_6956_zpsa55sd5fq.jpg

IMG_6957_zpsmrzrv6ad.jpg

IMG_6958_zpsvtwghhvx.jpg

IMG_6959_zpsnfmwngec.jpg

IMG_6960_zps77zyzhrf.jpg

They are good and understandable to the intermediate modeler. They are not top notch but they do fulfill what they are made for so they are good to me.

No colour instructions are given. Its up to modeler creativity but in fact all the pictures I saw in the internet about the kind of windmill, they are in fact in natural wood, with no paint on in.

CONCLUSION:

This windmill will be an eye catcher in any diorama. The quality and originality are in thgis box.. The modeler just need to be capable of bring it to life and I `m sure that the average modeler will be capable of doing it!

Another fantastic RELEASE from Plusmodel.

VERY Highly recommended.

Plusmodel-logo_zps126ae717.jpg

With my sincere thanks to Plusmodel for this review sample. To purchase directly, click this link.

Francisco Guedes