The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

ROYAL MODEL

1:35 Zombies and Zombies Hunter

(€12 each – the half zombies is 10€)

(Ref: 762, 764, 765, 769, 770)

Available from Royal Model 

IMG_8009_zpssxpbcrgg.jpg

Royal Model is a very well know name in the modelling world, specially for AFV/Dioramas models.

There´s a brief history about Royal Model directly from Royal Model website:

“Royal Model came into existence in the early 1990s in Catania (Italy) as a result of the passion that its founder, Roberto Reale, has always had for the world of art in general and of modelling in particular. In 1995 with the appearance of its first products, ROYAL MODEL soon was awarded the Modell Fan magazine prize in the "accessories for dioramas" category and from that time on there have been a continuing number of accollades that have led the company to invest all of its energies in the articles that it has produced to date.     

Today ROYAL MODEL is one of the few companies that can pride itself on offering a catalog that completely addresses all aspects of military modeling, in particular in 1/35 scale, always seeking to provide the modeler with ground-breaking products that are accurate in every detail. As in the past, ROYAL MODEL continues to dedicate as much attention as possible to producing its unique line of products, reproducing the most minute details with the utmost attention and precision, using the best materials available and innovative technology combined with experienced and knowledgeable personnel, while constantly engaging in scrupulous historical research for details which remains the bedrock of the success of this company. After 20 years of business we can rely on a world-wide distribution organization, which leads us to believe that we have succeeded in making our products readily available even for customers who may not be able to find them in their own location.”

This review is quite different for all I ever made and these itens are in the fashion wave of the zombies, certainly because of the “Walking Dead” serie.

When I opened the box, I was in fact petrified with all the zombies.

The box art of each one are quite good and really show the horror of the zombies.

Lets see if the parts inside are in good castings and if they are morphologically and anatomically “perfect”.

The most normal one is the zombie hunter (ref. 770 – man with the gun).

IMG_8034_zpsz3crcg3v.jpg

IMG_8011_zpsg2wqgcfs.jpg

IMG_8015_zpso8fp9bwg.jpg

IMG_8017_zps4wqp8zxy.jpg

IMG_8018_zpshtwi3vbf.jpg

IMG_8019_zpsyijpocw6.jpg

IMG_8021_zpsel1gsrb7.jpg

IMG_8022_zpsilylnjvb.jpg

IMG_8023_zps76fpgo1b.jpg

IMG_8024_zpswwjgaayy.jpg

The detail of the clothes and the gun are very good, all at Royal Model standard.

But it’s the face I like the most. The guy is just having a big time killing zombies… for his face, you can tell that he has the perfect job.

All the zombies do look like zombies. At last to me… I did not saw and I still don’t see the “Walking Dead” so sorry if I do some blasphemy about zombies looks.

But I did saw some zombies movies and a zombie has its own anatomical defects of quality "zombies" disfigured faces, bulging eyes and crooked hands and slender fingers.

Those are all in these Royal Model sets.

The casting of the gray resin is flawless but bubbles here and there need to be fixed by the modeler with a little putty, but nothing that you can solve easy and fast.

The devil in the details and that fits like a glove in Royal Models sets and these zombies are no exception.

The face details are the more impressive ones… I just love their faces and all the zombiness on them and all the hate and hunger, hunger for blood.

IMG_8035_zpscvrdlgjp.jpg

IMG_8039_zpsxmrs2q7u.jpg

IMG_8041_zpstgcwycsp.jpg

IMG_8042_zpsztl2kzja.jpg

IMG_8043_zpskh1xpdhm.jpg

IMG_8044_zpsmx1vfv8a.jpg

IMG_8045_zpswoubtt9a.jpg

IMG_8046_zpsvbdethrq.jpg

To compliment that, the characteristics of each of the professions that zombies exercised makes them even more realistic.

For example, the nurse`s stethoscope and the newspaper and name tag on the white collar zombie.

IMG_8032_zpstfdh6qdl.jpg

IMG_8038_zpsyaoqfcyf.jpg

IMG_8037_zpsfrpgspvf.jpg

IMG_8030_zpsimbjyar9.jpg

IMG_8029_zpsziudgawi.jpg

IMG_8028_zpsuarvemjn.jpg

IMG_8025_zpsfbvdf45t.jpg

The torn clothes are also top noch of the detail and credibility of the zombies look.

IMG_8048_zpsr8ajkvs6.jpg

IMG_8053_zps8gmimrva.jpg

IMG_8052_zpsxxz8t6qs.jpg

IMG_8051_zpsr9d4xvzr.jpg

IMG_8055_zpsc6h31b9j.jpg

IMG_8054_zpswm7spphw.jpg

IMG_8049_zpsqtafkest.jpg

The one that really impressed me as the half-body zombie and precisely for that: half-body with the guts out and very skinny (all the ribs are there…)

IMG_8060_zpsx7t8y4ph.jpg

IMG_8062_zpsfozfxxhd.jpg

IMG_8063_zpsra5xnkgr.jpg

IMG_8065_zpspqknvsuw.jpg

IMG_8066_zpspzfopljr.jpg

IMG_8071_zpsbj8xacqm.jpg

IMG_8070_zpsv3l9xuyz.jpg

IMG_8069_zpsvb82tdrx.jpg

the resin detail and guts are quite impressive and it needs is a very good paintjob to “bring” them all out!

Conclusion:

All the figures are perfectly cast with sharp details and fantastic facial expressions.

There are some bubbles on some of the figures that should be easy to deal with.

I don’t know if there are zombies in resin besides these ones.

All items are top noch in quality and for sure in originality.  

It will have market acceptance? Not sure… But you can do some fantastic and original dio with these ones

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Our sincere thanks to Royal Models and Roberto Reale for the review sample seen here.

Check out all other news items from Royal models like a TV set, a horse, generator, other leaves styles, water fountain, brigde etc  - click here to see them all.

Royal%20model%20logo_zpsqe0uvxoi.jpg

Francisco Guedes

www.largescalemodeller.com

• Like 1