The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Royal Models 1:35 Boys and Scuba Diver

• Administrators

ROYAL MODEL

1:35 Scuba Diver and Boys throwing Stones

(Ref: 760 and 749)

Available from Royal Model 

Royal Model is a very well know name in the modelling world, especially for AFV/Dioramas models.

There´s a brief history about Royal Model directly from Royal Model website:

“Royal Model came into existence in the early 1990s in Catania (Italy) as a result of the passion that its founder, Roberto Reale, has always had for the world of art in general and of modelling in particular. In 1995 with the appearance of its first products, ROYAL MODEL soon was awarded the Modell Fan magazine prize in the "accessories for dioramas" category and from that time on there have been a continuing number of accollades that have led the company to invest all of its energies in the articles that it has produced to date.     

Today ROYAL MODEL is one of the few companies that can pride itself on offering a catalog that completely addresses all aspects of military modeling, in particular in 1/35 scale, always seeking to provide the modeler with ground-breaking products that are accurate in every detail. As in the past, ROYAL MODEL continues to dedicate as much attention as possible to producing its unique line of products, reproducing the most minute details with the utmost attention and precision, using the best materials available and innovative technology combined with experienced and knowledgeable personnel, while constantly engaging in scrupulous historical research for details which remains the bedrock of the success of this company. After 20 years of business we can rely on a world-wide distribution organization, which leads us to believe that we have succeeded in making our products readily available even for customers who may not be able to find them in their own location.”

After making zombies reviews, I just return to “normal” stuff.

Normal but incredibly original.

So, now Royal Model just release a scuba diver and a set with 3 boys.

One thing that I always found quite perfect in Royal Model figures is the sculpting.

Al the figures are morphologically and anatomically “perfect”, and that is not easy, really not see, as we see now and then some very distorted figures in their hands or face.

Not Royal Models, and these ones are no exception, even the boys are perfect.

Scuda Diver

Catalogue n.º 760

Price tag: 12€

IMG_8072_zpsptxztet9.jpg

This scuba diver is actually a bold release from Royal Models as the only use of it is in deep water… in modelling term, in deep resin and lots of it… not every model is willing to attempt that…

But now with this one, I do for sure will try a “aquarium” diorama and an aircraft wreck.

The pose of the scuba diver is an “in action“ pose… he`s diving and swimming under water…

IMG_8075_zpsx5vynh2y.jpg

Check all the resin gray parts you found no distortion or bubbles.

IMG_8078_zpslt1hnadp.jpg

IMG_8077_zps31t2hxdx.jpg

IMG_8076_zpsscndhlg2.jpg

All the detail of a scuba diver are there:

-Exposure wet suite

-Hardness

-Mask

-Air hose

-Fins

-Air tank

-Air Regulator

-Dive computer (wrist watch)

-ankle knife

IMG_8084_zpsdnksyro2.jpg

IMG_8083_zpsjbwbgjie.jpg

IMG_8088_zps9dl4khr2.jpg

IMG_8087_zps0ueuazpc.jpg

IMG_8086_zpshfh6o9bk.jpg

IMG_8079_zpsqmcft8j8.jpg

All the details are very well reproduced with sharp detail.

The fins are very well made with some curve to represent the legs movement under water.

The only low I can find on this set is its own limitation to be used only under water.

Boys throwing stones

Catalogue n.º 749

Price tag: 29€

IMG_8091_zpsmykvehv8.jpg

When I saw hthise set I just thought: wow, great idea…

The image is a typical one for the Middle East but in reality you can use it in any other scenario.

IMG_8094_zpska5k4pye.jpg

It brings 12 resin parts, and the each figure come with the torso and legs in one single piece.

IMG_8101_zpsdu5bo3cv.jpg

IMG_8100_zps1fabxg05.jpg

IMG_8099_zpsmhk5fzch.jpg

IMG_8098_zpsedezuiro.jpg

IMG_8102_zpshro1fxlv.jpg

IMG_8103_zpswh4b1u2z.jpg

IMG_8105_zpscpdz6qax.jpg

The arms and head are separate.

The resin is casting is quite good. I also found one bubbles on one body.

The rest is flawless.

The intention of the all set is movement. The movement of throwing move with every muscle and body part. That sense of movement is quite hard to sculpt and transfer that sense to a figure is quite hard…

However Royal Model did it!

You look to the boys and you see movement, the violence of the throw, the energy spends in that movement. The arms are perfect made with some stones in the hands of some boys and their positions in relation with the body just are the top noch to that sense of movement. Perfect.

IMG_8116_zpsiu89evks.jpg

IMG_8112_zps0qmbb8lq.jpg

IMG_8115_zpsys3sdwin.jpg

IMG_8113_zpsl4t2t5ew.jpg

Now, the heads and face. If the bodies are anatomic perfect for child, the head and the face are also in perfect dimension.

IMG_8111_zpsg9o8spjj.jpg

IMG_8110_zpsdkiszvxl.jpg

IMG_8108_zpsiazspw4f.jpg

IMG_8107_zpsocms726n.jpg

To have a perfect sense of movement, the face is essential and these ones are just amazing.

Boys are screaming, with words of order, revenge, anger, rage…

Conclusion:

Wow… These boys are the perfect representation of the quality of some product in our modelling world.

Really is a golden area.

I just found one bubble easy to fix so it does not move donw my feelings about these “boys” set.

The scuba diver is also fantastic with the only low is that his usefully is quite narrow… only under water..

All items are top noch in quality and for sure in originality.  

Do you self a favor, and get both these!!! You wont be sorry!

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Our sincere thanks to Royal Models and Roberto Reale for the review sample seen here.

Check out all other news items from Royal models like a cows, drink cans, etc  - click here to see them all.

Royal%20model%20logo_zpsqe0uvxoi.jpg

Francisco Guedes

www.largescalemodeller.com