The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Lokomotive Baureihe BR52 - 1/35 by Trumpter, CMK, Voyager

Hello,

here we start the next big project. It is the steam loco BR-52 of the Germans, built during WW2, but used also later after the war from the "Deutsche Bahn". I will paint it in red/black, the standart color of the civil steam locos.

The Trumpeter-Kit will receive some updates. I will use the 2'2'32' Vanderbilt tender which was the one mostly used. Further more I will use 4 sets from Voyager, turned brass parts from Master and resin parts from LZ Models.

errupptx.jpg

iiz3zeao.jpg

So here we go....

The frame was put together and some parts on the inside added. After some putty and sanding I have added the buffers at the front, made of turned brass parts and which are full movable :) 

The small tanks which follow later were put together, sanded, the holding bands removed (follow with PE parts), then the surface reworked with a stiff brush and plastic glue...

fmgvobnz.jpg

nycfmz9w.jpg

bqqqdccn.jpg

6l5oeuwj.jpg

Cheers

Micha 

• Like 2

Thanks a lot. The BR86 is also waiting with the ET-Models set ... :) One day.... :) 

I have added some more photo etched parts to the frame. All the corssmembers on the frame, which hold the boiler and the walkways later were replaced by new photo etched parts, consisting of lot of separate parts and rivets. Unfortunately there are too little rivets included in the Voyager set so that I have to search for alternatives.

The two tanks were also mounted, with some new photo etched holding bands, valves and other small parts.

The area where the fenders for the first wheels will be placed to were filled with putty, sanded. The fenders also will be replaced by PE-parts. 

8sxvqqre.jpg

3xep4iut.jpg

jnkf93oi.jpg

gtxq5s5b.jpg

cgsse5lt.jpg

jn6kxdvw.jpg

8kpbfgi5.jpg

gtxq5s5b.jpg

jjajg4qd.jpg

n37v9t23.jpg

Cheers
Micha