The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Loadout for an Israeli A4H Skyhawk

Greetings Steve;

.... Your idea sounds ok to me other than.

If you want  the A/C to carry 6 Mk 82s, you will need to use a TER, not a MER.

*** MER, (three), TER, (six). ***

Good Luck,

Mike

Greetings Steve;

Back to the A-4/H Skyhawk ............ :)

..... In the old days we loaded the A-4/Es with a TER, and six Mk-82s, on the center line, and two external tanks on the inter pylons.

With  two MERs, with Mk81s, on the outer pylons. 

Granted......... we also had F-4s for fighter cover, and a EA-6 Prowler for ECM. jamming. 

It may be worth consideration....... The A-4 is very impressive with this load out. 

Have a good one,

Mike

Hi All - thanks for all the responses and yes I most certainly do know that I have other kits to finish, but The 'Scooter' has always held a fascination for me, so I felt it was time to give an Israeli version a go - I'll get back to my WNWs' and RF4E(S) before very long!!

Sorry for the typo, I did really know I needed to use a TER rather than an MER but the point remains that I still can't find any good piccies of an Israeli A4 loaded with an AGM.45 Shrike!

How does it fit to the pylon and which pylon shape does it use?

It seems I will just have to employ artistic license and the 'old finger in the wind' tactic.

Cheers All.

Steve S.

Greetings Steve;

..... I can understand where you are coming from, up to a point,

then I have to disagree with you.

If you half a** it, and it comes out nice, you may want to  show

it. What are you going to say, when the judge's ask questions ........... :wub:

Hopefully this will help. 

.... A-4 armed with a Shrike .... a-4_ag10.jpg .... Shrike on a F-105 .... agm-4510.jpg ....  agm-4511.jpg

Be Cool ......... agm-4510.gif ,

Mike

and Hello to you to Mike - I get your point and your piccy of the Shrike on the A4 nails it for me! That's what I'll do,build my own pylon and add a load of 4 CBUs on the centreline - now that seems a reasonable load out to me!

Coincedentally, the July edition of Model Airplane International has a build/conversion of the Trumpy A4 to an A4H by Steve A. Evans but he's used bombs instead of Shrike and Sidewinder but he has used the Isracast conversion together with Aires and Eduard 'bits' - quite an exercise!

Thanks to you all for your input!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kagemusha

I've got the Isradecal A-4 book and there is a photograph of an A-4N carrying two Shrikes on the outboard pylons, fuel tanks on the inner, leaving for a mission into the Lebanon in 1982, it's from the Golden Eagle Squadron. 

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Steve;

The weapon load load-out should be similar for the A-4/E onward. Most of the changes

in the aircraft are engines, and avionics.

I hunted some photos down. These are US Navy A-4/E's from the Vietnam war.

a-4e_s10.jpg    a-4e_s11.jpg    a-4e_s13.jpg    a-4e_s14.jpg   a-4e_s15.jpg

Enjoy,

Mike

Hi Mike - not seen these piccies before so they're really quite useful. My Israeli Skyhawk has had to go on the 'back burner' for the moment 'cos I have my Israeli F.4E(S) to finish and a WNW Sopwith Snipe to get on with, hopefully in time for IPMS Telford in November.

Steve S.