• Administrators

PLUSMODEL

Cables reels

(small and large)

(Catalogue n.º 455 and 456)

Price Tag: 13.60 €/19.40$

IMG_3169_zpsnv4zco14.jpg

Available from Plusmodel 

Plusmodel is a quite busy company in releasing diorama accessories giving modellers huge options to their work in dioramas! We are spoiled by Plusmodel and very happy with that.

Cable reels are present every here… in a construction site or in a farm… or in just abandoned….

plywood-reels-2_zpsgmadz2yb.jpg

Wooden_Cable_Reel_zpskxv4kagt.jpg

And they are almost intemporal so you can use then in WWII scenario or modern one.

Here we a going to take a close and quick look to new accessories to enhance your diorama to an all new level.

The cable reels come in the standard Plusmodel box, been curious that the Big cable reels are in a smaller box than the small cable reels….

Both sets are in 1:35 scale and both are a small multi-media kit.

IMG_4015_zpsqyjqlm2v.jpg

The large and the small set are different diameter, being that the only difference.

IMG_3172_zpszqcvdi8p.jpg

IMG_3179_zpspzihmmr3.jpg

IMG_3191_zpsdailyvcd.jpg

IMG_3188_zpst1bofhpz.jpg

IMG_3194_zpsk2ofwxhn.jpg

You get laser cut/etched wood for the side plates and the cylinder, hard paper card for the metal plates and resin for the bolts.

IMG_4018_zpsyxd3jb5z.jpg

I never worked with these laser cut wood but it really looks fantastic because his real wood at scale.

IMG_3180_zpsqi6p3m9q.jpg

There`s no decals sheets so all the numbers that are in the box arts are aftermarkets or painted.

The instructions are quite simple as both sets are.

IMG_3190_zpsy6vsfagh.jpg

I do have some reservation in how to make the central cylinder as is in the instructions, because it really look like a difficult task, doable, but hard to get it right.

Maybe I wrong on this but I will try it soon, just to check it.

CONCLUSION:

These little and simple Cable reels are a perfect adding in any diorama bringing a special detail on it with a most high quality.

Highly recommended.

Plusmodel-logo_zps126ae717.jpg

With my sincere thanks to Plusmodel for this review sample. To purchase directly, click this link.

Fran Guedes

All jokes aside though...

Wearing gloves when handling resin is quite prudent, the stuff is highly carcinogenic.

An unusual set, but something you might see a group of diorama figures sat around playing cards perhaps?

S

• Like 1

• Administrators

All jokes aside though...

Wearing gloves when handling resin is quite prudent, the stuff is highly carcinogenic.

An unusual set, but something you might see a group of diorama figures sat around playing cards perhaps?

S

Yup... Safety above all!! I always wear gloves now and when cutting and sanding resin, with lots of water.... if not mask on! :)

Sounds perfect to a playing cards table!!! Nice idea!