Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


3,699 Excellent


About TJTX

  • Birthday February 5

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Beautiful build John. It really does spice up the display case. I still have some racer decals I plan on building up once I get back to building again.
  2. Final paint scheme has been settled on and progress continues. Main wing spars are getting built up with strengtheners and mounting points for struts and spar carry through attachment points. I'm taking most of April off so it's my hope that all wing components can be completed around that time and I can piece together my wings this summer. I do keep eyeing my partially completed Tamiya Spitfire, thinking I need to spend a bit of time on it too.
  3. First wing spar is done. Ribs fit for trial and photo.
  4. Thanks Peter. I figured you gotta just jump in at some point and figure it out as I go. I downloaded and taught myself how to use a graphic design software so I could better layout my color scheme. Changed my mind a ton but I've settled on this.
  5. She likes to go out and look, but its been too hot for her to spend any appreciable time out there. I have found a cub to fly till mine is built, so her first flight hopefully will be in a Cub.
  6. Wing ribs are coming along nicely. I'm able to get one a day built as long as I'm home. I've got 6 ribs and 2 false ribs built. Now I'm starting on the jig to build the wing spar. Shes just a big ol' model airplane. Trim, fit, sand, glue.
  7. First things to do are wing ribs. So, today is rib jig day. The wife is working so I'm trying to get a full days work in.
  8. And we're off! I picked up the wing kit today and got it in the garage. Now comes parts inventory and then going over the plans and preparing to start. Heres an overview of on the the blue prints. This one isnt full scale, but an overview of the wing.
  9. Garage is almost ready. The final tabletop adjustments are being made and I've built some shelving under the table too. My wing kit arrives this week and I'll ne able to get it next Saturday. My first ever fathers day as a father and my gift is my ultimate dream project arriving! We have decided on a base concept for our color scheme. With my father's background in the Marines including Marine aviation, we looked into how to involve Marine Corps aviation. So, we have decided to honor VMO-6 by painting our plane in a scheme similar to theirs. They flew in support of Okinawa and then later The Chosin Reservoir. What better squadron to use as a Marine bird!? Itll be wearing a similar scheme to what the OY-1s wore during The Chosin Reservoir battle, with a slightly modified blue color and possibly our own nose art.
  10. O find it interesting how different everything is playing out. In other countries, in the different states, etc. I was just in Orlando for recurrent and it was packed. And we have so many vaccines they were offering them to people at the airport if they wanted them. If you want the shot, it's super easy to get here in the US. And, we are pretty much completely open in a lot of states and cases are down with zero deaths in most states. I honestly cant tell much of a difference here in Texas now, compared to precovid life. Of course that's not counting supply shortages of a lot of things.
  11. Getting more real. I've officially got my tail number reserved. N811PK.
  12. Garage transformation is progressing nicely. Got some new shelving units, hung some cabinets, and got my lumber for my build table. A few more weeks and it should be ready to receive the wing kit.
  • Create New...