The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

My workroom

Woodshedwings

Took a few photos of my workspace while photographing the Bristol Fighter build. Most, if not all of the furniture here has been rescued from peoples garbage and re-purposed. I am a firm believer in recycling and am constantly amazed by what Canadians throw out.

My end of the room has my modelling bench (note IKEA cake icing stand used as airbrushing turntable). Even the chair was a garbage find.

IMG_2368_zps7da48221.jpg

I also have a music recording setup (for when I have the time, which is never!) and pride of place is given to my vintage Fender Precision Bass, which I have owned for over 30 years now.

IMG_2370_zpsb6c7e29f.jpg

IMG_2373_zps617c0fe0.jpg

This is my meagre (by some standards) stash. I don't believe in hoarding kits and usually only buy those I really want to build and the occasional "not to be sniffed at" bargain.

IMG_2372_zps59228765.jpg

My wife is a silversmith by trade but pursued a different career path. Needing a creative outlet and a source of extra money, she has just decided to get back into designing and making silver jewellery. I converted an old oak desk into a jewellery makers bench and she is now firmly ensconsed at the other end of the room and is in the process of designing her first collection.

IMG_2366_zps48d6f769.jpg

It is nice to share the room with her as we both indulge our creative pursuits.

• Like 4

My wife is a silversmith by trade but pursued a different career path. Needing a creative outlet and a source of extra money, she has just decided to get back into designing and making silver jewellery. I converted an old oak desk into a jewellery makers bench and she is now firmly ensconsed at the other end of the room and is in the process of designing her first collection.

IMG_2366_zps48d6f769.jpg

It is nice to share the room with her as we both indulge our creative pursuits.

NICE!  I was browsing the photos and thought to myself- "Hmmm... that looks like a jeweler's bench, Foredom flex shaft and all."  Not too different from my bench at work!

• Like 1