The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/35 Tamiya Stug III Ausf B

Don't sit down this will be quick ....... In the clearing of my stash pre move , I bought this 18 months ago along with its cousin the Pz III Ausf L .

Built the PzIII last year , not a bad little kit. This Stug looks very like my chums ( that's a D though ) but will stick with a Panzer Grey for this one.. ..so lets see how many shades of Grey I can work into this simple little thing . Metal barrel.... basic PE screens ...6 marking options ....meh.... is ok 

IMG-1287.jpg

IMG-1286.jpg

• Like 1

Rolling on after my Border Pz IV ....yes .....this is so 20 years behind. No real armour texture, weld beads are small and dubious ,  whole kit has the feel of "starter" to it. Vinyl tracks are really low detail compared to the moulded one on the border. 

IMG-5808.jpg

IMG-1291.jpg

IMG-1293.jpg

IMG-1288.jpg

• Like 1

Hull is interesting with some attempt at movable steering arms and spring suspention .....yeah ok Tamiya shall we wedge a motor in there too ? 

IMG-1294.jpg

Low part count and usual "no issue" fit means it builds quick , got here in about 3 hours ...

IMG-1295.jpg

And on it's hull 

IMG-1297.jpg

• Like 4

Moving on .....primed , black based , basic light grey paint job , wet on wet acrylic with panzer grey , lightened with yet another lighter grey , dry brushed with yet another gray /green pastels . This is going to be 100% acrylic weathering no oils at all . Free weekend coming up as Mrs Womble is away with her family, so plenty of modelling time hopefully. Next up is decals and muds , then we will see where it goes . 

Cheers 

Looks a bit odd after several rounds with paint ...trust me it will come together 

IMG-1307.jpg

Small parts painted and some dry brushing ....bear with ...new lights are boosting the apparent contrast on da bench on the bench pix. 

IMG-1308.jpg

• Like 4