The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Q. Will the Amur Reaver G-10 correction work on the Revell G-6 kit??

Artful69

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

... I mean - to convert the G-6 to a G-10 Erla ... since the G-10 Erla, G-6 and G-2/4 kits are the same basic modular moulds - I thought it might work?

Rog :)

I'd offer you your G10 back if I hadn't already bough a bunch of AM for it.

21 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I'd offer you your G10 back if I hadn't already bough a bunch of AM for it.

That's very considerate of you Gaz ... but really no need  ... Especially if merely fitting the corrected Erla G-10 nose from Amur Reaver to the G-6 will do the job ... I can use the leftover decals from my other G-10 kit.

• Like 1

I've used the AMUR Reaver G-10 Erla cowling on the Revell G-10 Erla kit as well as the AMUR Reaver G-6/AS cowling on the Revell G-6 kit.  Here are the cuts required on the Revell G-10 fuselage to accept the AMUR Reaver cowling.

IMG-1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Comparatively, here are the cuts on the Revell G-6 kit to accept the AMUR Reaver G-6/AS cowling.

IMG-6781.jpg

A few more cuts on the G-6 would get you to the same place on the G-10 Erla, assuming that the rear fuselages are identical.  So I'm guessing it is do-able although I cannot confirm it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, thunnus64 said:

I've used the AMUR Reaver G-10 Erla cowling on the Revell G-10 Erla kit as well as the AMUR Reaver G-6/AS cowling on the Revell G-6 kit.  Here are the cuts required on the Revell G-10 fuselage to accept the AMUR Reaver cowling.

IMG-1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Comparatively, here are the cuts on the Revell G-6 kit to accept the AMUR Reaver G-6/AS cowling.

IMG-6781.jpg

A few more cuts on the G-6 would get you to the same place on the G-10 Erla, assuming that the rear fuselages are identical.  So I'm guessing it is do-able although I cannot confirm it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and handiwork! ... I had a feeling that it might work the same or similar ... leastways the Erla G-10 front end is pretty much all one piece, so I was mainly concerned with wings, fuse, tail etc. If I have to template a special panel and scribe (or fill one in!) I'm good for that, but scratch building parts is another story!.