Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

No priming today. Or tomorrow.

ScottsGT

Lake life has a few disadvantages.  One big one is high winds.  It started yesterday afternoon with 15-20 MPH winds.  I had to pull my vent panel out of the window because I have had it blow in one time. 
Today we’re getting just a bit higher winds with gusts to 30 MPH.  Apparently the same for tomorrow.   :mellow:

So the F-14 is all dressed up with no where to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ha!  I beat the wind this morning.  Got up and it was calm out so I put the vent back in the window and went at it.  No kidding, as soon as I hung up the airbrush, winds started kicking up a fuss again.  
Im looking at whitecaps again.  
E7BAE2B7-4B4E-4EFA-AED0-D8477A77B55E.thumb.jpeg.b6bcab824740dc09fdf67e11d5964425.jpeg

We were expecting high winds throughout the night. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Maybe work on the Mustang in the garage? Or start something that won't need painting?

Oh no. That’s how you wind up with a shelf of doom overflowing into a closet of doom! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ha!  I beat the wind this morning.  Got up and it was calm out so I put the vent back in the window and went at it.  No kidding, as soon as I hung up the airbrush, winds started kicking up a fuss again.  
Im looking at whitecaps again.  
E7BAE2B7-4B4E-4EFA-AED0-D8477A77B55E.thumb.jpeg.b6bcab824740dc09fdf67e11d5964425.jpeg

We were expecting high winds throughout the night. 

I'm been trying to decide if I should paint the wings first before assembly or after. Since you've taken the latter route, it'll give me a good idea of how hard it'll be to get the swing wing area painted. 

Not an option with the Revell kit. I did sand the opening and smoothed it out the best I could, but it still leaves marks where it slid.  But the real thing does as well from some pics I’ve seen in the past.  Thankfully with fast drying lacquers it shouldn’t be too big of a concern.  I do remember that my last one I had the wings in, sprayed the LE and then opened them up for the rest of the spray.  It was so long ago that I did it with enamels.  It was the short lived VX-4 black bunny.  

Funny thing was, I built a jig to paint it.  Plywood base with two dowels to go up inside the fuselage before I mounted the exhausts.   I even brought it with me when we moved.   Wife needed a piece of plywood for something and I looked at it and told myself, “I’ll just use this.  I’m never building an F-14 again.”  :wallbash: D’oh!  Now I’ve got to make another.