Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya 1/35 US Multiple Gun Motor Carriage M16 Halftrack Quad, (“Meat Chopper”) Build Thread

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Ralph

Mighty fine progress and looking so good.

:construction: 

Thanks Peter. I’m extremely pleased with the fit of this aging kit. It’s almost as good as a new tooling!!! If I get a chance I’ll prune and paint the chassis then I can begin weathering it before starting the truck body.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2024 at 7:57 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Ralph, that's great progress that you've made. Nice to hear that the fit is still good all these years later. 

Yeah I’m very pleased!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Nice work!  Question - the yellow highlighting on the instructions. Is that something you do?

Yes that’s how I keep track of the parts I install so I don’t miss any!! Been doing it for years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Ralph

Looking mighty good and nice steady progress.

:construction:

Thanks it’s getting there. I need to rust up the exhaust system and weather the chassis a bit plus start the body itself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Admiring your build, I pulled out the Dragon kit of the M16 I have in the stash and look in the box. When I picked it up, it came as a bundle from Dragon USA with the Griffon PE set. Which basically replaces half the body with PE along with the entire engine hood. Which leads me to put it back on the shelf and I'll just keep following along with your build. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Admiring your build, I pulled out the Dragon kit of the M16 I have in the stash and look in the box. When I picked it up, it came as a bundle from Dragon USA with the Griffon PE set. Which basically replaces half the body with PE along with the entire engine hood. Which leads me to put it back on the shelf and I'll just keep following along with your build. 

Oh thanks. I have all three of the Tamiya 1/35 M16 variants with the quad mount being my favorite. I’ll most likely build the other two at some point. The quad has been a great kit. Highly recommend it.

• Like 2