The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

KH T-28 as a AT-28D Laos

I decided to do another Royal Laotian AF AT-28D using a KH T-28B/D kit with a Aires cockpit. I'll use some AoA decals. I've been busy with this cockpit set this morning which is all Aires with the exception of the scratched seat armor made from sheet styrene and the FineMolds belts. Still some detail work to be done here (dry brushing, etc). I think it will go well with my other RLAF AT-28 builds. :)

3-26-24 001.jpg

3-26-24 002.jpg

• Like 4

Progress for today. I haven't added the reflector glass to the gun sight yet as I don't want to accidentally knock it off.

3-27-3.jpg

3-27.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Awesome progress and nice to see a T-28 that you didn't need to jump through hoops to correct molding errors.

Looking mighty good :construction:

Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised to find this one wasn't warped like the last one I built. :)

• Like 1

Painting coming right along. :) After it's had time to dry I'll spray with clear gloss for decaling. Then it'll be time for exhaust staining and some weathering.

4-2-24 2.jpg

4-2-24.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing progress and a beauty in the making. 

I:construction:

I started applying the decals last night and should have them done this morning. Then a over spray with clear flat and I can start weathering, etc. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

You're always in high gear and looking so good. :construction:

Yes, moving right along. I'm done with decaling but I'm waiting for the Compucolor Insignia Orange on the cowl flaps, prop hub, and tail bumper to thoroughly dry. Compucolor stays tacky for a good while which is why I don't use it much. When that's dry I'll overspray the model with clear flat.

• Like 1