Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Road mileage marker in red…just waiting on number stencil. Once it arrives, I will use the stencil to engrave the numbers in the plaster then use a fine brush to paint the indentation red.  

IMG_3995.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Nice work!  What do you use to replicate the road, stream, etc?  Also very interested in how you lay down the static grass.

I just poured some Hydrocal 30 cement. I made a very thin layer by spreading it with a large putty knife. Most roads in Germany were made with concrete. I drew the contraction joints. As for the scenery, I was going to use static grass but I might use these scenery mats I found in Italy. I will see when they arrive. As for the water, I will use Woodland Scenics Realistic Water with some dye. I redid the poles between the posts to make them all the same length. Thanks for looking and commenting. 

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

• Like 4

WW2 documentaries and books provide ample ideas especially when they depict war torn cities and battlefields. Take photos using your cell phone for reference. Or maybe take several different photos and combine them to make your own scene. For instance, I saw several WW2 German convoy videos/photos. Mostly depicting their surrender so I sketched out a scene. 

• Like 2

Working on roadway. This diorama will have around 7 to 9 various vehicles and quite a few figures. The vehicles shown will not be used. Photo purposes only. 
IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4021.jpeg

IMG_4023.jpeg

IMG_4024.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CANicoll said:

Very interesting and the models help add scale.  Still watching the static grass....

Still practicing with the static grass as shown above. The layering technique is harder than it seems. Especially trying to make it look realistic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CP1 said:

Still practicing with the static grass as shown above. The layering technique is harder than it seems. Especially trying to make it look realistic. 

That is what I find interesting, is trying to layer it.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I gave the castings a thin coat of acrylic gesso. This will aid in the painting process. Let dry overnight. 
IMG_4059.thumb.jpeg.062c4558a80ed6b66c4cdde2835df702.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks…slowly coming together.  Here’s a pic of what the grass would look like. Now I need to tape off all finished areas with plastic to avoid getting the static grass fibers on everything. Especially when using layering spray. 

IMG_4087.thumb.jpeg.1bc43f998152033348fe183d3b1f87ad.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Looking great. Some motivational pictures. :)

9275598815_510ec194f9_b.jpg

Blitz_Bussing_NAG_France_1942.jpg

opBlitzmitreifenladung_Baydeww2.jpg

opBlitzunfall_Baydeww2.jpg

Opel_Blitz_Frontaufbau_Benzinkanister.jpg

opel_Blitz_LKW_truck.jpg

Opel_Blitz_Lkw_Trucks_on_Road.jpg

Where did you find those photos? 

• Like 2