The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

The perpetual winter

lawman56

I'm quite fortunate, living in what's generally referred to as a "temperate zone", (North Carolina), however, we seem to have a never-ending, unusually cold, winter this year. Based on posts I've read by others, I'm not the only one. Originally I hail from upstate New York. The real Upstate, as in Adirondack mountains. Not the "pseudo-upstate" that lies south of Albany, so I'm well aware of what a true nasty winter is.

It just seems like the bad weather refuses to go quietly. Of course, the coldest and nastiest days seem to coincide with the days I'm off, which means little, to no, model building. Yesterday, it was 70F and I got my Albatros wings prepped and ready for a nice coat of sky blue to paint to apply on my next day off.

Well that day is tomorrow, and it's supposed to be rainy, windy and a high of 40F.

It figures.....

Ummmmm.....squeaking from Canada.....we had a balmy -31c today.....I think thats around -23f...........quit bitching ya daym hot house plants!!And please,take that with the humour that was intended.......I would so hate for admin to smack my frozen hands!

• Like 1

Iraq was kinda like that, Guy. 3 months of rain and cold temps, followed by summer, followed by hell. I remember quite a few days of continuous 135-140F temps.  

As for your crazy Canadian cold, my neck of the New York woods was about 3 hours south of Montreal down the Champlain & Hudson River Valley. No fun. We measured snow in feet, not inches.... :lol:

For the record, I hope an admin doesn't smack your hands, as cold as it is, they might shatter!

We intend to go back to PEI lawman....its a dream island......but instead of doing the St Lawrence Montreal Qebec run,turn right at Riviere du Loup,,we are going to get our passports out,cross the river asap,and cut through the Adirondacks.

• Like 1