The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

JU 88C-2

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously Dave, the resin pit craps on the kit parts. I know the kit is good, so that should tell you how good the CMK is.

You know James I'm finding the out of the box cockpit detail of the kit to be incredible. I don't know how much more detail a person would want. I ordered self-adhesive instrument decals and seat-belts for my Ju88 conversion and I think with detailed painting, weathering and dry brushing the cockpit will look fantastic. I guess we'll see, lol!

Ralph.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn! More to buy! ;)

Got these today too for my Ju 88C-0: 

10168968_566700776770399_410626614_n.jpg

Hey James

Saw that you had picked up the CMK Interior set and had to post.  I have been building on a Ju88 A1 since January and had picked up one of those sets prior to that as well.  Hate to say it but that set is mostly incorrect and junk.  Upon comparisson to photos and the kit parts, I found that it was quite wrong and the kit parts were amazingly 90% spot on.

Of the Interior set I found that the radios were fairly close and the ammo drums are quite nice.  The side walls are quite poor however and the floors, seats, and other details are not worth the time or effort.  Just junk resin.  In addition the CMK kit wants you to put the radio wall right at the back wall and their back wall is totally wrong.  In this the Revell kit is also spot on with the spacing and the locations.

The best references are the photos of the Norweigian restoration at ju88.net.  

Of course the bombardiers side is filled with the guns, mounts and ammo so there are differences there.  

Also the PE straps for the ammo canisters are way, way too small.

Just thought you would like to know before assuming that the CMK Interior was correct.

• Like 1

Hey James

Saw that you had picked up the CMK Interior set and had to post.  I have been building on a Ju88 A1 since January and had picked up one of those sets prior to that as well.  Hate to say it but that set is mostly incorrect and junk.  Upon comparisson to photos and the kit parts, I found that it was quite wrong and the kit parts were amazingly 90% spot on.

Of the Interior set I found that the radios were fairly close and the ammo drums are quite nice.  The side walls are quite poor however and the floors, seats, and other details are not worth the time or effort.  Just junk resin.  In addition the CMK kit wants you to put the radio wall right at the back wall and their back wall is totally wrong.  In this the Revell kit is also spot on with the spacing and the locations.

The best references are the photos of the Norweigian restoration at ju88.net.  

Of course the bombardiers side is filled with the guns, mounts and ammo so there are differences there.  

Also the PE straps for the ammo canisters are way, way too small.

Just thought you would like to know before assuming that the CMK Interior was correct.

I'm building the new Revell Ju88 kit for the forum GB and I agree.

The cockpit detail is very good however not sure if its totally correct. 

I posted pictures of the cockpit parts so all could see and make decision whether to purchase the CMK pit.

I also purchased the CMK nose kit and found it a bit fussy! The gunners bottom gondola required substantial modification to get it to fit.

All in all I'm happy with it and love the look of a Ju88C-6 nightfighter!

Ralph.

Yes Ralph

The biggest problems with the kit cockpit parts has mainly to do with the plastic thickness for moulding the parts.  Overall the fit was decent and the details were there in an appropriate manner.  I added the Eduard sets for detail and that with good paint touch ups really makes the office POP!  The only real fit problem I had was with the port side console.  The moulded in tank on the side should be removed, a piece of flat plastic sheet put in it's place, then if the tank isn't really damaged clean it up and place it back in that place as a separate part.

• 3 months later...