The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Ju88 Gluing the Wings?

I have seen some WIP on the Ju88 and it appears the wings were not glued to the fuselage.  Assumption to dismantle for storage?

If yes, is the fit good?  Looks like it is.  (or perhaps the wings glued after paint, weather, etc)

• Like 1

When I did my Ju88A-1 I assembled the wings separately masking off the areas to be glues and then attached after painting. The fit on the old kit was very good and from the reviews I've read Revell has improved the fit. I'm just waiting for cockpit decals to arrive and then I can get started.

Question: Since I've purchased an airbrush and new to that world would I assemble the cockpit first then paint or mask and paint and assemble afterwards?

PS: If you haven't built this kit it is huge!! I wouldn't want to move it with or without wings!!

Ralph

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think you'd be ok to paint and finish up the wings without glue, but I'm pretty sure you'd need to glue them in place for the final photo-call. They aren't a tight fit.

• Like 1

PS: If you haven't built this kit it is huge!! I wouldn't want to move it with or without wings!!

Ralph

I have 4 of them, Squadron Black Friday Sale 2012...USD$19.75 each with discount.  :).  Three are planned: Mistel, G1 and C2. 

Plans are in motion to build a display cabinet with a 20" inside depth shelves.  I am doomed for space!  Also have He219 and He111.  That HPH Me410 is scratching my ear!

I think you'd be ok to paint and finish up the wings without glue, but I'm pretty sure you'd need to glue them in place for the final photo-call. They aren't a tight fit.

Thank you JH!

I have 4 of them, Squadron Black Friday Sale 2012...USD$19.75 each with discount.  :).  Three are planned: Mistel, G1 and C2. 

Plans are in motion to build a display cabinet with a 20" inside depth shelves.  I am doomed for space!  Also have He219 and He111.  That HPH Me410 is scratching my ear!

That's so funny because I was thinking today about making a few 6' tall by 20" lighted display cases with glass shelves. I have hung all other models from the basement ceiling but would like to display them better now that my skill set is improving, lol!!!

Speaking about deals I just picked up a 1/32 Lockheed P38J Lightning for $19.48, a 1/32 Boeing P26 Peashooter for $17.00 and a 1/32 Hawker Typhoon for $34.50 on eBay all unopened factory sealed with one shipping charge. So I have five waiting in the wings to keep me busy.

• Like 1

Speaking about deals I just picked up a 1/32 Lockheed P38J Lightning for $19.48, a 1/32 Boeing P26 Peashooter for $17.00 and a 1/32 Hawker Typhoon for $34.50 on eBay all unopened factory sealed with one shipping charge. So I have five waiting in the wings to keep me busy.

thats a nice snag Ralph.

• Like 1