The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/32nd A30 Challenger- The WW2 17 pdr version!

tony o

Hiya Folks,

Another tank from my collection,.....here is the 17 pdr A30 Challenger, made from the SKP kit;

Here it is almost ready to start painting........quite a bit of filler needed but a simple build (on a Tea Tray lying on the settee whilst recovering from an injury) which I enjoyed as I`ve always liked the WW2 Chally!! The metal 17 pdr is superb but I`ve chickened out with the tracks however and although I was going to order a set of resin `Trak Pak`s' from Acc Armour a kind fellow modeller gave me a couple of sets of rubber Tamiya Cromwell tracks instead which did the job nicely, he used metal tracks on his models;
A30-2.jpg
A30-1.jpg

A30-5.jpg

Here is the finished model;

Challenger4.jpg

Challenger3.jpg

Challenger2.jpg

It is meant to go on a diorama one day once I get better at doing this sort of stuff, hence the uneven tracks!

The colour scheme is based on photographic evidence which shows three or four A 30 Challengers of 7th Armoured Division wearing a disruptive camouflage finish seen amongst lines of Cromwells being prepared for battle, seen here;

.A30-7.jpg

Hope you like it,

Tony

• Like 1

Cheers,.....I think that the figure is Ultracast,.....he was just sitting in my spares box so I painted him up! I actually wanted the track to be uneven so that I could show it going over uneven ground,......I intend to put some small pebbles under the tracks at the points where it is raised. I`ve left the wheels loose too so that they can be moved up or down too to replicate the suspension,

Cheers

Tony