The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Dragon 1:35 M-51 Isherman

Mish

That looks a nice kit and a smart build!

I have the Eduard ProfiPACK Sherman here, with Tasca plastic. How do these kits compare?

I have no idea, sorry. I know less about tanks than I do about aircraft.

Nice build Mish. Love what the IDF did to the M4. Tasca/Asuka kits are top notch. Light years ahead of DML. Not saying anything wrong with the Dragon.

The M4 is my favourite along with the British Centurian. The only fault I can find with the Dragon is like a lot of their kits the instructions are a bit iffy.

Wow that looks fantastic!!

Thanks

• Administrators

I have the Eduard ProfiPACK Sherman here, with Tasca plastic. How do these kits compare?

Jim, The Eduard Sherman is the M4A1, this one is the M-51... 

I`m really not a Shermanolic but i do know the the M-51 has a totally new turret and canon. 

The tracks are different and the upper hull looks also different. :)

Ah didn't realise the Eduard was a Sherman rather than a M-51. Like Jim says quite a lot different. New turret, gun, engine, trake, uprated suspention and different engine. But still the hull of a Sherman.

Jim, The Eduard Sherman is the M4A1, this one is the M-51... 

I`m really not a Shermanolic but i do know the the M-51 has a totally new turret and canon. 

The tracks are different and the upper hull looks also different. :)

The M51 is based on the M4A1 large hatch, wet stowage cast hull and a heavily modified T23 Sherman turret. IDF designated their Sherman's by the type gun it was armed with. M51 named after the French M51 105mm gun with a shortened barrel. M50 Sherman after the French 75mm anti tank gun, which by the way, is a absolute copy the same gun that was on the  German Mk. V Panther (sans the muzzle brake). Those are indeed Sherman tracks. Due to the added weight, the upgraded Israeli M4's needed to have the later version HVSS suspension. The early version M50's retained the VVSS type suspension, but it couldn't handle the weight. Those were equipped with either the double pinned T66 or T80 tracks. Mish's version has the T80 type track. And the term "Isherman" is a myth. It is Hebrew for "Super Sherman". And only one vehicle was called "Isherman". And that was the M1 (armed with the US 76mm gun, M1) IDF Sherman back in the mid '50's. The modeling companies latched onto the name and wouldn't let go. The only company that got it right is Tamiya. A couple/few years ago they released the M1 IDF "Super Sherman". A year later came the M51 Sherman and the term "Isherman" was not to be found on the box nor instructions. If you wish to be bored more with M4 knowledge, I'm here Tuesdays and Thursdays nights with 2 shows on Saturday. BADATHESHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :tank:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a sherman nut, the tasca(asuka) shermans are some of the best kits ever produced, the shake and bake of a tamiya kit with the detail of a dragon model. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...