Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Custom Decals?

crazypoet

So - I suspect that this topic has been covered *somewhere*, but I'm having a senior moment and can't find a good reference.

I tracked down a Trumpeter 1/32 P-47 Razorback kit, and I know the version that I want to build:  "Shorty" Rankin's 42-74622 "Wicked Wacker Weegie" (Nick King profile pinned on https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504473595730096675/ ).  Why this one?  Just a fun thought - Shorty made Ace on a mission on May 12th - my birthday, and I love the squadron color scheme.  There are some other AC from the same squadron with very interesting art and histories, but this one just grabbed me.

I found a decal set for this AC in 1/48, but sadly the decal selection for the 1/32 P-47 Razorback is razor-thin.

Given the cost of the kit and add-ons from Eduard, settling for someone else's idea of which AC to build just doesn't sit right.  I wish I had the skill to do the nose art lettering myself - the rest of the paint job is fairly straightforward.  A good custom mask set might do the trick, but it seems that Ad Astra Masks is out of business?

Any suggestions?  I'm drawing a complete blank.

Check Maketar and Miracle Masks for the National Insignia and custom Codes and Serial numbers.  I have used Maketar for custom masks and have been most pleased.  Have not worked with Miracle Masks, yet...soon Mal.  However several on this forum have had custom masks done by Miracle Masks with great results.

If you can get a clear image of "Wicked Wacker Weegie" nose art Maketar or Miracle Masks might be able to cut it.

Good luck