The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Cyberhobby StuG III Ausf. A, Micheal Wittman 'LAH' (Barbarossa 1941)

Hello everyone, I'm back! And this time with an actual build! This is my third armor build, and as you could probably figure out by the title, it's the Dragon StuG III Ausf. A kit. This is my first Dragon kit, the previous two armor kits were Tamiya's. Unfortunately, the only picture I currently have is the parts drying after my soapy water bath. Gotta get that grease off somehow, eh?

IMG_7207_zps55im2ggm.jpg

I'll try and post more pictures of the construction tomorrow night.

EDIT: I just noticed my dog in the door window in the background!

• Like 2

Ok, so I haven't worked on the StuG too much, but this is what I have:

The suspension has been a pain, I don't understand why it has to be semi-adjustable. Either let me adjust the whole thing, or don't let me adjust it at all.

IMG_7209_zps3ihzmzmb.jpg

And true fully, I'm not a fan of Dragon/Cyberhobby's instruction sheets, it wasn't till I started the right side of the tank that I realized the modifications that appeared to be for only the left were for both, so either I'm marginally incompetent (probably true), or Dragon's instructions could be a bit more clear.

IMG_7212_zpsi3wkw0fw.jpg

IMG_7213_zpslvlgc964.jpg

Other than that, the kits pretty good, and it is very well detailed. only a few bits of questionable engineering! Anyways, I hope to keep working on this, and maybe I'll put this into a diorama of some sort since I have the Orange Box figure set. I guess we shall see...

Well, sorry folks (if anyone is paying attention to this build) but the StuG is going on the back burner. I am missing a couple parts from my sprues, and now I have to see if I can get replacements from DragonCare. Hopefully I will start another build shortly, probably Tamiya's Nashorn.

Cheers, Sean

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a little update, I have had no time to work on this little project, but I haven't forgotten about it! Hopefully I will have enough time to work on it in the coming months. I will try to be active on the forums though, but we will see.