The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Help 109 G10 question...

wackyracer

Hi

I'm currently building a 109 G-10 as white 44 of NJG11. I'm using the Revell kit along with a hoist of am and pe to get it right.

Here's my problem, I've discovered the said plane was a Mtt Regensburg build rather than an Erla so have to make a few mods to my current craft. I can scribe the curved panel to the cowling beneath the cockpit ok and have the small wheel budges already but I need to 'create' the bumps under the engine cowling.

I have several Revell 109G-6's in the stash and just wondered if the gun bumps (which are too small anyway) could/would work with a little mod or if anyone else has any ideas?

Ironically I have 2 trumpeter G-10's in the stash and should have gone with them but I'm too far into the build now to back out having modified the exhausts for flame dampers etc and throwing a load of Barracuda resin in as well.

20170201_211737.jpg

20170201_211721.jpg

Aaron

• Members

Aaron, you're in kind of a tough spot here.  My advice would have been to go with a Trumpeter or Hasegawa G-10, but you stated that you're too far in.  The cowl bumps are too large, you'd have a lot of work to get them down to the appropriately small size.  Keep in mind that you'll also need a new oil cooler since the Erla design was wider and more shallow than a Regensburg machine.  You've done some nice work with the exhausts, if there's any way to extract them and go with another kit I'd definitely go that direction.

Aaron, you're in kind of a tough spot here.  My advice would have been to go with a Trumpeter or Hasegawa G-10, but you stated that you're too far in.  The cowl bumps are too large, you'd have a lot of work to get them down to the appropriately small size.  Keep in mind that you'll also need a new oil cooler since the Erla design was wider and more shallow than a Regensburg machine.  You've done some nice work with the exhausts, if there's any way to extract them and go with another kit I'd definitely go that direction.

Thanks. Yes I managed to remove the dampers and their now in the trumpeter kit box! Eduard PE dampers to the rescue from an old brassin set. Black 13 from JG27 now for this one.

20170205_180030.jpg

Got her to primer last night.

• Like 1