1/32nd Scratch Pneumatic trailer COMPLETED

FME erk

I purchased the 32nd trolley acc from Iconicair and thought about other pieces of ground equipment that I could possibly have alongside the HK Lancaster when I come to build and display the beast . . . 

Although I have some details/photos of what was contained within I thought I would just go with the basic structure and have it with the canvas screen down, (it will save any embarrassment on  my part).

The plan

739700898_PneumaticServicingTrolley.thumb.jpg.01010815c01dee8a5d1f86fb70194547.jpg

The basic frame

47428811361_166164d872_z.jpg

The suspension

40467645273_eaf46daff3_z.jpg

• Like 6

This basically is a box unless you were to detail the inside with a small petrol engine, fuel tank, an air compressor and its air tank. This may be a slight cheat but I intend to display it alongside a Nissen hut in the background . . . .

32528705197_d1ca9759b4_z.jpg

Having now painted the square frame, next on the agenda with be the 'curtains'  down each of the four sides. 

I have a tow hitch to put in place as well as a small jockey wheel and the stability legs.

• Like 3

Done a little more . . . 

Just to put the stability legs in place, shown in the front, just about there I think although I am having to think about the colour of the canvas covers.

The one good photo I have seen of this trailer, located in front of a crashed Wellington, clearly shows these covers to be rather light in appearance ??

Pneumatic trailer.jpg

• Like 4