Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Need help with the pink screen of death ( MacBook)

Martinnfb

As the title says . Recently my Google browser picked up some malware and it was redirected to Bing. Later the screen become covered in this pink hue and something pretty aggressive is taking over this old MacBook Air. 

Did anybody deal with similar situation and can provide solution? I just installed ClenMy MacX2, no remedy there. 

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

M.

2072185176_ScreenShot.thumb.png.9c96fad4f79310781504ebaf373b84a6.png

• Like 2

How sure are you that the cause is external rather than internal? There are hardware issues that occasionally affect MacBooks involving the video systems onboard, especially in terms of the NVRAM. If you search 'pink screen macbook' you get a lot of hits on the topic, but any more info you can provide can help narrow that search.

BTW, I am a certified Windows tech so I can't help you with specifics, unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a Mac guy so can't help from that aspect. That said I recently downloaded some fonts from a website and when I next opened Firefox I found myself in Bing, had me sweating for a bit till I found out that while downloading the fonts it also changed my selected Firefox home page to Bing, fortunately it was easy to fix.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your input.

Bung problem was easy, it was only a malware picked up along the way. But the pink hue is more concerning, since its not happening always only on selected pages or banners, therefore it won't be a hardware problem. 

Any Apple guys in the town at all?

• Like 1