Sunza Beaches

Bill_S

I was carrying a box of stuff out to the car the other night. Something slipped and crashed on the driveway. My poor N1K Rex!

Loosened a tail plane, snapped one of the float struts, split the wing in a couple of places, and separated the fuselage from the wing.

It was a blessing in disguise. I never liked the join of the upper and lower fuselage; Revell relied on butt joints all around. It gave me an opportunity to fill the panel lines on the Insert other media Scratchbuilders float - they were trenches. I coated the entire float with Tamiya putty, and I'm nearly done sanding so I can scribe properly... it will give me an opportunity to reinforce those pesky joints, too. I'm thankful the outrigger floats weren't attached yet.

DSCN2185-1.jpg

DSCN2184-1.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I was carrying a box of stuff out to the car the other night. Something slipped and crashed on the driveway. My poor N1K Rex!

Loosened a tail plane, snapped one of the float struts, split the wing in a couple of places, and separated the fuselage from the wing.

It was a blessing in disguise. I never liked the join of the upper and lower fuselage; Revell relied on butt joints all around. It gave me an opportunity to fill the panel lines on the Insert other media Scratchbuilders float - they were trenches. I coated the entire float with Tamiya putty, and I'm nearly done sanding so I can scribe properly... it will give me an opportunity to reinforce those pesky joints, too. I'm thankful the outrigger floats weren't attached yet.

DSCN2185-1.jpg

DSCN2184-1.jpg

:o

• Like 1