Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Airfix 1/24 F6F-5 Hellcat...fuel tanks!

Hey all

I thought I would let everyone know that Nigel is making some replacement and add on stuff for the 1/24 scale Hellcat. He has a replacement engine core, to replace the out-of-round one that comes in the kit. And he is making all three fuel tanks. These are resin castings so there will be some cleanup to do on them but they look really nice.

I ordered a set of the tanks. I already fixed the engine core on mine, so I don't need that part. It will save ALOT of sanding though. So go to YouTube and look for the videos he is doing on the big Cat and he will show you how to get them.

Ron G 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

He also has a resin crankcase that is actually round. He now has replacement rocker covers and tha small oil cross-over tubes, to replace the cast on ones.

His videos on how to put the 1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat together are very informative. They show how to apply the Airscale instrument panel and how to detail out the cockpit. He also shows how to detail out the rear fuselage area and how to reinforce the undercarriage legs.

He's doing one as a FAA bird and one as a US Navy one.

Ron G 

• Like 1