The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Shake your Colours Gentlemen

DocRob

Hola Senhores,

I've been busy lately painting details and figures for my actual RSO build and ran into an old problem I have with Colours specially those of Scale 75. They tend do disintegrate and if you want to put a drop on your palette it is half oily binding liquid. Shaking the Colours, even with two or three ball bearings in it doesn't help a lot. What to do, throw away the bottles and use another brand? No, these Colours have the most appreciated tones and they dry fast and absolutely dead matte, a great thing while painting figures.
I thought about a quick walkaround with my drilling machine and a hole driller of 80mm diameter and voila....

Colour before enhanced shaking. You can clearly see, that the Colour is disintegrated and even worse is the binding liquid on top

P1150189.thumb.JPG.48c4e9cd70661d025b660f0e07214c0b.JPG

The bottle fits into the 80mm hole drill perfectly and tight and after some heavy rotation...

P1150190.thumb.JPG.822043f2940a3f35c96bd62b5c32e06b.JPG

It looks like this and is well mixed and usable. The whole process takes only thirty seconds per Colour.

P1150191.thumb.JPG.d2ba2ee1fab2775c5233809f5bf05fe6.JPG

No  guarantee will be granted in case of flying bottles. I 'drilled' at least twenty bottles today thoroughly and none went flying.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1