Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Airfix decals. Best affixer?

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

That's a real nice thing you got going on there Dale, maybe next time you guys should do a kit each together.. I bet he would think that is really cool......show him some of your skills, I bet he would be excited and happy with that prospect........................

Thanks mate. I do this all the time. I know a 6 year old who wants to be a scientist.  So I built him this:

anUgFK.jpg

I ended up doing some research and was able to inform him that with modern techniques and equipment a new species of dinosaur is on average discovered once a week all year round. Max is his name and he was stoked. 

Of course I gave THE MACHINE!!!! a Fw190 egg plane for Easter. 

6ggrJd.jpg

As a teacher I care about hand eye coordination.  Something lacking in many kids these days, I think due to too much time playing pc games. Having taught movement since 1982 I see a real difference.

Anything I can do, you know. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

WARNING! Joyous message to follow.

I found it I found it!!!!!

Okay, so I decided I was being way too hard on Airfix. My fragile and rather dim intelligence was getting in the way. I worked out it was a combination of Japanese products, Tamiya lacquer and paints, so I used the more gentle GSI Mr Mark setter and Mr Mark softer. (Why is everything called Mark?)

BINGO!!!!!

Works like a charm. The little Spitfire looks ready for battle, Indeed when I step through my door I must beware of strafing attacks! (I think it doesn't like me. (Who'd've figured out it would be a great judge of character????)

Thanks for your help. Yours. The village idiot.

• Like 2