The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Airfix decals. Best affixer?

• Administrators

Dale did you try multiple applications of Micro Sol?  Personally, I’m scared stiff of Mark softener.

I’ve had great success with multiple applications of Micro Sol. Especially if you can get the stuff under the decal as well.  It’s all I use these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay. A 1/72 Spitfire is unsatisfactory. 

I am gonna build this kid a proper model of a Spitfire. 

I think certain products do not work in my climate. My Life Colour and Hataka experiences proved this. So I will place my trust in Asiatic fluid products. GSI and Tamiya always work when not used on what are unsuitable European products such as Micro set. Or Airfix products. 

I will build him the 1/48 Hasegawa Mk VII. I have all the AM, RAAF decals brass guns etc. The Mk VII happily is on my shelf of doom.

Time is too precious .

Thanks guys. 

I feel better now. :D

10 minutes ago I was angry and frustrated.  Both emotions sit uncomfortably on my shoulders.

The kid is unaware he nearly got the 1/32 Tamiya Mk VIII. I decided it was too expensive to give away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Dale, a while ago I posted a thread about some decal softener I found ... check this out and see it it will fit your operation...

https://www.michtoy.com/item-VMS-AX09-VMS_Decal_Set_and_Soften_2_in_1.html

Great! Thanks.  

I think my harshness was due to hours wasted on a foolish build. 1/72??? Such a pointless exercise. 

I will complete it but will also give a better model.:thumbsup2:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Great! Thanks.  

I think my harshness was due to hours wasted on a foolish build. 1/72??? Such a pointless exercise. 

I will complete it but will also give a better model.:thumbsup2:

Never foolish, I build 1/72 as well, it is a double edged sword though, better to display, but a little bit of a bitch to see some of the smaller details...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I ordered the 1/72 Revell Mk II, for the decals. It will arrive tomorrow. 

I am sure my little flats atmosphere affects certain products, such as Micro sol etc. This really is where any frustration appears for a couple of minutes. Next year I will get a better place. 

I needed to strip it anyway. I will use a lighter under coat. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

Yeah mate, me too. Plus I have trouble reading the little print on paint bottles!

I had a look at the Airfix site and they show two built models. Both with soft edge camouflage.  :D

The kid won't know. It was just a birthday present he got ages ago. Months later he told me about it and that he didn't know what to do. 

I get so into the subject. This is not a competition build. He's 10. Really nice kid, Jarrah. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Yeah mate, me too. Plus I have trouble reading the little print on paint bottles!

I had a look at the Airfix site and they show two built models. Both with soft edge camouflage.  :D

The kid won't know. It was just a birthday present he got ages ago. Months later he told me about it and that he didn't know what to do. 

I get so into the subject. This is not a competition build. He's 10. Really nice kid, Jarrah. 

That's a real nice thing you got going on there Dale, maybe next time you guys should do a kit each together.. I bet he would think that is really cool......show him some of your skills, I bet he would be excited and happy with that prospect........................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1