The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bf110

Germanjim

I’m looking for recommendations for books and  technical specifications on bf110’s there isn’t a huge amount available compared with say 109’s. I don’t have vast amounts of money to spend on reference material so don’t  want to make a bad decision buying the wrong material.

• Like 2

I may be able to help you, i have the test manual from the BF-110 that was brought to the US after WW2 in 1946. I believe it was written by Rockwell. They did a thorough evaluation, both flight and systems. If there is some specific information you need, I may be able to make some scans for you. It’s mostly charts and text, a few line drawings too, it a few hundred pages.

if you are looking at more of a visual book, David Doyle publishes a Legends of Warfare series that has quite a few images, it’s about the best there is. Squadron did a walk around book years ago, but checking on Amazon, it does not appear to be available right now either new or used.

I do agree with you, the information on BF-110 is rather scarce, especially photos.

• Like 2

I have the Kagero hardcover book on the BF110. It's mostly an operational history of the aircraft but does have many nicely done profiles in it.  I had hoped it was more like the ones they did for the Ho229 and H 219. 

Carl

• Like 2