“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

My other hobby

JohnB

I collect guns. This MG 42 is one of my pet projects that I have worked on off and on for a good while. It's de-rated to semi-auto to be legal (no way I could afford the cost of ammo for full auto!). I just finished a re-work on it and hope to take it to the range soon. :)

9-10-20 001.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Sweet! My old FFL/gunsmith had a full auto that he built as a dealer sample.  He went in with a few other guys to fund it, then they would all go to the range and have a day of fun.  He went out of business, moved out of town and no one knows what happened to the MG-42.  I'm sure he got a friendly visit from the man.

Last Fall I bought a PTR9c, MP5 copy in semi.  No way I could drop $36K for a real full auto, besides, the fun would wear off quickly after a few mag dumps.  I've posted pics of it here already. 

I've got an old classic S&W Model 60 snub nose being delivered to my FFL on Monday. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Sweet! My old FFL/gunsmith had a full auto that he built as a dealer sample.  He went in with a few other guys to fund it, then they would all go to the range and have a day of fun.  He went out of business, moved out of town and no one knows what happened to the MG-42.  I'm sure he got a friendly visit from the man.

Last Fall I bought a PTR9c, MP5 copy in semi.  No way I could drop $36K for a real full auto, besides, the fun would wear off quickly after a few mag dumps.  I've posted pics of it here already. 

I've got an old classic S&W Model 60 snub nose being delivered to my FFL on Monday. 

That guy probably did get a visit if he didn't have a Class 3 license. No way can I afford to fork out $15k or so for one. :)

• Like 3