The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/32 FW-190A series Experts please? - I'm chasing decals!!

Artful69

Ok people ...

All this started while chasing Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190A-series kits ... There's the standard mass produced A-5 and A-8 variants that are in numerous supply ...

But when we get into "Limited Edition" A-5,6,7 & 8 runs there's not much left around - without paying ridiculous amounts of coin!!

... and then there's the A-7 "Bar" I saw on e-bay from a French seller who is happy to ship worldwide (apparently). He want's 75.00 Euros for it plus another 39.70 (cough, cough, cooooooough!) for postage to Australia! ... I figured that - minus VAT (me, being outside of Europe) I would wear the $150.00 AUD that all that would cost ... but the little so-and-so wouldn't remove it!!

after reading this review - http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/weir32190.htm

... I have realised that I can adapt the readily available A-8 ... IF I can score the correct 1/32 decals ... if only to prove to the said 'Frenchman' that I can go around him - just like the Wehrmacht did in 1940 (so there!)

So ... to the point ...

I need a full set of 1/32 decals for Heinz Bar's FW190A-7 ... including the famous Knights Cross + Oak Leaves for the rudder, preferably with a painting chart ... anyone either got some or know where I can get them?? 

Rog :)

I think that scheme is on a EagleCal or Strike sheet

Had a good look around on the Eagle Editions webpage - Nope!

"Eagle Strike" are they called?? ... well they have a set listed back into antiquity(#32-063) with Bar's stuff on the sheet ... but no joy on e-bay or Amazon for them! ... will keep looking but so far - Nada!

Thanks for the input though, Dave

Appreciated!!

Hey Rog,

Cutting Edge did them (see pic below), you can still buy them at Fine Art Of Decals for $18US. The site is the new website from Dave Klaus of Cutting Edge, selling off old stock. Link is http://www.fineartofdecals.com/goodies/132-treasures/, the set is Exciting FW190's #2, about 3/4 way down the page.  If he won't ship to Aus, email me at mikeswinburne@gmail.com and I can get them out to you

Cheers!

Mike

CED32068.jpg

Hey Rog,

Cutting Edge did them (see pic below), you can still buy them at Fine Art Of Decals for $18US. The site is the new website from Dave Klaus of Cutting Edge, selling off old stock. Link is http://www.fineartofdecals.com/goodies/132-treasures/, the set is Exciting FW190's #2, about 3/4 way down the page.  If he won't ship to Aus, email me at mikeswinburne@gmail.com and I can get them out to you

Cheers!

Mike

Heya Mike ... Thanks a lot

I got onto his page earlier this morning, but it looked kind of dodgey without contact details etc!

Guys from another forum have vouched for the site and told me who he was!! - and pointed these decals out for me as well ... I'll give a flick through some of his other stuff before I place my order on Monday next week (pay day!) ... I know Eagle Editions do a sheet with Walter Nowotnys' markings on them too ... I should be getting out of this a lot cheaper than I initially envisioned ... being able to buy standard A-5's and A-8's, some AM decals and even upgrade sets!!

... now all I need to grab is an F-8!! :D

Thanks

I agree that the site is a bit dodgy, I bit the bullet and ordered from him a while back. Had no problems and have ordered twice more since then with no issues. He is a bit insane with some of the pricing, then again, he's rumored to be a bit insane anyway :)

• Like 2

The site does look pretty basic and worrying for the first time buyer... I haven't had any issues with Dave and his orders normally get to me in NZ with 10 days.

I am thinking of getting a couple of things from him shortly too... If your interested maybe we can split the shipping?

• Like 1

The site does look pretty basic and worrying for the first time buyer... I haven't had any issues with Dave and his orders normally get to me in NZ with 10 days.

I am thinking of getting a couple of things from him shortly too... If your interested maybe we can split the shipping?

PM me with your idea Dave :D