The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Rudder correction? - Trumpeter Bf109's

Artful69

Heya ...

I know that there's more than one or two issues with Trumpeter Bf109 accuracy ... but by far and away the biggest issue is the rudder.

I am told (and have read reviews) that the G-2 builds up into a decent representation - with the main exception of the rudder.

Does anyone make an AM replacement?

Rog smile.png

Quickboost does an set for the Hasegawa F which is pretty much the same as a G.. Part number is 32106

Dave ...

You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!

TYVM!!! ...

Ok ... so ... I suppose it's too much to think that the 'F' rudder is the same as the 'E' ???

Rog :)

Rog,

It should fit the "E" as well, although in both cases you'll have to install a little shim on the upper portion of the tail to get the rudder to fit correctly.

Ahhh Thanks Mike! ... Makes sense to me to grab more than one at a time if I can ;)

Both the Eduard and Dragon Es feature separate rudders already and as far as I know are accurate....

I am certainly not 100% but there is a difference between the 109F and 109E tails, whether it is in the rudder or the non movable tail I don't recall...

Matt

• Like 1

Both the Eduard and Dragon Es feature separate rudders already and as far as I know are accurate....

I am certainly not 100% but there is a difference between the 109F and 109E tails, whether it is in the rudder or the non movable tail I don't recall...

Matt

Well ... I have 3 Cyber-Hobby 'E's already (2 x '4's and 1 x '3') ... plus 3 unbuilt Trumpeter 'E's that I didn't want to go to waste! ... although the G-2 is the next one I'll be building (Trumpeter - hence the rudder correction). I was just curious as to whether the correction would work on the 'E' as well ... I guess I'll order the one set and compare it with the current 'E' components before I buy more.

Thanks!