Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

The biggest day on the Australian calendar ...

Artful69

AFL Grand Final ... A whole week of nationwide celebrations in the lead up

... and a whole 24 hours of AFL TV prior to the game.

100,000 people packed into the MCG ...

Hawthorn Hawks v's Fremantle Dockers

Freo's first ever GF ... sadly losing to Hawthorn by 15 points in a very tight encounter (who were really the best side all season anyway)

Oh well ... there's always next year ... and my team might even make it?!?!?

Rog :)

Well commiserations Rog,

They played well, and can take a lot out of it for the next few years I'm sure. Hawthorn were good all year, and the highest scoring team per game for the year, but they were never really able to break them through-out the whole game. And with Woosha gone from the other mob, looks like a period of dominance coming up over in the West.

I used to do deliveries in Collins Street Melbourne, which is partly closed to traffic for the Grand final parade each year. So for me, Grand Final eve was always a bl**dy nightmare!

Steve.

• Like 1

lol Steve ...

The GF is kind of like the Melbourne Cup ... I know nothing about horses or horse racing - but each year you kind of have to back some nag to win it!! ... In the GF - it doesn't matter who you support throughout the year, you kind of barrack for one side on the day! ... I'm an Adelaide Crows fan (even though I've never been there!) ... but I've always had a soft spot for Freo!

Yeah it's funny that...

After the "Kennett Curse" was lifted, I thought they would be unstoppable today. My Wife knows Jeff through her work, and he's actually a very polite man, despite reputations. She hates your mob though (Kanga's supporter) from the '98 G/F... something about colostrum? :lol:

As for me, I'm not letting on, but let's just say I still have all my own teeth!

S :ph34r:

• Like 1

... As for me, I'm not letting on, but let's just say I still have all my own teeth! ...

lol ... so not a Collingwood supporter then, obviously!! :D 

Ah yes ... those glory years 1997 & 1998 ... when Darren Jarman was the 'big game' player for us! ...

I had a few North Melbourne supporter friends at the time ... I used to make gagging (choking) sounds around them for ages afterwards :D