Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

411 Excellent

About nmayhew

  • Rank
    LSM Addict

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Battle of Britain country
  • Interests
    Modelling: 1/35 armour, 1/32 aircraft; Battle of Britain, North Africa, Normandy and anything relating to Czechoslovakia in WWII.
    In the real world: country pursuits, growing and making our own food, keeping chickens; real ale; sport - rugby, rowing, cricket, tennis, weights.
    Trying to hold back the tide of Tesco, housing estates , chavs and pikies.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,432 profile views
  1. no-one makes any FAA updates which i have always found puzzling I have asked Roy at Barracuda and clearly no interest also discussed with Aerocraft and more recently Tim Perry, so I am hoping someone takes the plunge i have no interest in chopping up such an expensive kit, even if it is considered a very simply mod
  2. scribing and re-scribing panel lines whatever i do looks pretty mediocre at best
  3. wow - looks super impressive! but...zero interest in old school airfix i'm afraid what's your website? what else do you make??
  4. very underwhelming whilst it's fun to guess and wish, some of the suggestions were quite amusing in that people think they would actually sell anyway, it's all over now... ...until the next time!
  5. that LuckyModel price is stunningly cheap! best I have seen elsewhere is AK Interactive at 54 Euros-ish
  6. Wife and I both working from home - I am in trading risk management and she is a finance lawyer We live rurally so it's been awesome apart from no village pub I am a lot fitter than before, and the garden looks pretty decent too! No desire to go back to London any time soon (or ever really!)
  7. i remember the XIV being built - was the thread here or LSP? - and just going 'wow' at the time! can't remember if i asked at the time, was there any photo reference for Brunhilde beyond the well known pic which just shows the nose / spinner with Johnson standing in front of it?
  8. depends on how confident you are with your skills I suppose?! I have the set mastered by Radu Brinzan and it looks pretty sharp up close, but not sure my skills could mate it with anything and it not be obvious it was a hack job hence i will be using the cheap as chips Revel IX!
  9. hey guys awesome resin detailing bits for cockpits and engines from a company called Anyz https://anyz.io/ everything from spark plugs and end connectors to levers knobs and small wheels, as well as braided line in lots of different sizes and colours service super good too use with confidence Nick
  10. very sad story even sadder to think most of our stashes will suffer the same fate
  11. so do i now - and it's not one of the originals if that helps?
  12. always a stunning looking beast and this is no exception not sure i am a huge fan of the wash in the rivets showing so aggressively in the white of the stripes, but i can't fault the execution did you use HST for the chips? also wondering if / how the 'step strip' (or whatever it's called) weathered or chipped? the pictures are too dark btw - not doing justice to your work! PS show us the bombs as well please - can only see the edge in a pic or two
  13. Cheers Steve, hope you are well I have 'lurked' for quite a while both here 'the other place' lol in the meantime i have been spending most of my online modelling time on Facebook SMCG - bit of a zoo, but i learnt some new things, and it's nice to get a fresh view every once in a while
  14. cheers guys no I didn't know about direct upload, so thank you imgur...yeah i'm still struggling with single click on each photo to upload multiple pics but hey ho the kit is tricky but is significantly better than than the Eduard offering my view - i added the rivets myself with a Rosie the Riveter wheel and it's pretty simple forgot to add the seat is quickboost: not entirely correct but less wrong than anything else out there in my humble opinion i have a ton of in progress pics but just don't have the time for for build logs; if anyone has any specific queries re
  • Create New...