The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Seeking Period photos of North Korean Airfields

GazzaS

Hello Comrades.  I am seeking images of North Korean airfields that may have been used by Soviet MiG-15s.  I only have one, but since these MiG's carry the Soviet star, this may just be a Soviet airfield covered with hexagonal panels for a runway.

100607-f-1234s-001-soviet-built-mig-15-jet-fighters-ready-for-takeoff.thumb.jpg.23113c6d3a093d3c3c25c756921e36ec.jpg 

Thank you for your thoughts and images.

• Like 1

I would shy away from the octagonal concrete panel pattern as it was designed and build by Soviets, I know you can see them at some airports of the Warsaw Pact countries, but only because those bases were build by Soviets, for Soviets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

I would shy away from the octagonal concrete panel pattern as it was designed and build by Soviets, I know you can see them at some airports of the Warsaw Pact countries, but only because those bases were build by Soviets, for Soviets.

Martin,

Thank you for the great pics.  Some really eye-openers there.  I never really thought of the Sturmovik when I thought of the Korean war.  Also glad for the hint about the octagonal panels.   Would have been interesting, anyway.

• Like 4