The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM A-26 racer WIP

12 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Canopy tinting and exhaust staining is right on the money and looks realistic for an aircraft that is well maintained.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I think this one will go well with my other air racer builds and the P-38 airshow bird. :)

• Like 2

I've been waiting for the Eduard canopy masks to show up and they FINALLY did this morning. And they turned out to be for the EARLIER version with a different canopy! All I can use from the set are the parts for the rear canopy. I'll have to use Scotch tape for the pilot's canopy which is what I DIDN'T want to do in the first place! 😠

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Unreal - all this time waiting for the mask set and it's not what you wanted. My money is riding on you creating your own masks for sure.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Agreed Peter. I went on and used Scotch tape which I really do not like to use because it can leave behind patches of "stickum" which can make a mess, etc. At any rate, Scotch tape it is. I've applied the flat white base coats and the first coat of gloss white so, hopefully, I'll finish it up today sometime. :)

• Like 2