The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

What's on your bench

Peterpools

Guys, please stop using this forum for a build thread, as I do not think it was intended for this purpose. If you are posting photos of your build, just start a build thread in the right forum, as posting your work here makes it so hard to follow as it's mixed with whose knows what.  Same amount of work but now everything is where it belongs.

Much appreciated

On 6/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, Martinnfb said:

Peter, please do not Sabotage my thread. It is intended for people who do not want to open a separate build thread for every project that they work on at the moment. 

Martin

I understand but you're missing the point. What is the difference of posting your photos of your build in a dedicated thread, making it easy for us to follow and appreciate or posting it here, where it gets lost and there is no continuity. Same amount of time is needed.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, smitty44 said:

Peter, Martin started this thread for a specific reason.

Smitty

Still doesn't make any sense. For whatever the reasons Martin started his build, all but the opening post should be done in a dedicated build thread. I'm not just saying Martin's build but everyone who posts their ongoing work here. The intent I believe, is to show what you are working on and not keep a running build going mixed in amongst everyone else's. Just too confusing.

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Smitty

Still doesn't make any sense. For whatever the reasons Martin started his build, all but the opening post should be done in a dedicated build thread. I'm not just saying Martin's build but everyone who posts their ongoing work here. The intent I believe, is to show what you are working on and not keep a running build going mixed in amongst everyone else's. Just too confusing.

Some people don't like doing complete WIPs. I just post a pic once and a while so people know what I'm up to. Also isn't the content of a thread up to the O.P? 

3 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Its been fun. People have posted pics of pets on the bench, booze, bongs, food, builds, tools, you name it.

Smitty

I'm not talking about that at all ... just posting build threads there, which shouldn't be there.  

That thread was created for those who don't do build threads, just for fun . That way we can see what another guys are up to.  Having said that, Everything what is on your bench should be there. :)

• Like 2