The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

AK Interactive 1:35 SD.KFZ.234/2 PUMA 1/35

Fran

• Administrators

SD.KFZ.234/2 PUMA 1/35

IMG_6751.JPG

Catalogue Number AK35503

Price Tag: 59,95€

AK Interactive is starting to release their own brand of models, starting with some rebox.

Today we are reviewing the 1:35 Sd. Kfz. 234/2 Puma.

The model kit is a rebox of the Dragon model, that was originally release back in 2006.

Back then, as all Dragon model kits, only 4 four options were given.

So, opening the box, you get the Dragon plastic and PE with new instructions and an extensive new decal sheet with 12 options!!

The hull top and bottom are packed separately into their own plastic bags for protection, and there are a further nine large sprues of grey styrene, and five small sprues of grey styrene and four small sprues transparent plastic.

IMG_6752.JPG

Considering the model itself, its model release back in 2006, if Scalemate don’t fail me, and back then were made several review about the kit it.

The most complete one is this:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/german/dml6256reviewcs_1.html

Resuming you get a very detailed Puma, with the following features, very well listed in AK Interactive website:

"One-piece turret housing with accurate weld pattern.
– Movable gun assembly including a detailed 50 mm gun with one-piece barrel, muzzle brake recreated with multiple slide-molded parts and mantlet with accurate cast pattern.
– Commander’s and loader’s hatches with interior detail can be assembled in open or close positions.
– Hull interior detail including both the front and rear driver’s positions.
– Driver’s and rear vision ports can be assembled open or closed.
– Engine deck ventilation louvers with open/closed option.
– Authentic multi-part muffler.
– Detailed spare wheel mounting frame.
– Delicate width indicator poles and star antenna.
– Realistic jerry cans including photo-etched parts.
– Photo-etched parts for lifting hooks, bumper details, starter cover and convoy
light cover.

Has that Missing-Lynk full review doesn’t have any pics, here`s some pics of the plastic:

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6773.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6791.JPG

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6797.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

IMG_6801.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

The decal sheet is quite big, considering the AFV decals in 1:35.

So the decals gives the modeler 12 complete markings of several sceneries of the World War II. Those markings are, in fact, for several, the few Pumas, which there are some photos references.

IMG_6766.JPG

IMG_6767.JPG

So here`s the markings:

I.             Pz.Aufkl. Lehr Abt. 130, Pz Lehr Div. Germany 1944;

II.            Probably of 4.(Pz.Aufkl.)/Pz.Gren. Lehr-Btl, Pz. Tr. Schule Krampnitz, Germany 1944;

III.            Stabskp./SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt.1, 1. SS-Pz.Div. “LSSAH”, Normady, France, July 1944;

IV.            Stabskp./SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt.1, 1. SS-Pz.Div. “LSSAH”, Laon, France, late August 1944;

V.            1./Pz.Aufkl.Abt.2, 2. Pz.Div, Normandy, France, Summer, 1944;

VI.            1./Pz.Aufkl.Abt.2, 2 Pz. Div. Normandy, France, Summer, 1944;

VII.             1./Pz.Aufkl.Abt2, Kampfgruppe von Böhm, 2. Pz. Div, Ciney, Belgium, 27 December, 1944;

VIII.            Pz.Aufkl.Abt.2, Kampfgruppe von Böhm, 2. Pz. Div, Celles area, Belgium, 29 December, 1944;

IX.            Stabskp./Pz.Aufkl.Abt20, Eastern Front, late summer, 1944;

X.            Stabskp./Pz.Aufkl.Abt20, Eastern Front, late summer, 1944;

XI.            Probably of Pz.Aufkl.Abt20, Silesia, winter 1944-1945

XII.             Pz.Aufkl.Abt.7, 7. Pz.Div. Eastern Pomerania, March 1945;

The color registrations and printing are perfect, no surprising coming from Cartograf.

IMG_6763.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

The instructions are very similar with the original ones, with new graphism (3D drawings) and new satin paper, making easier to read the drawings.

IMG_6753.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

IMG_6757.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6762.JPG

Really like the QR Code for Spanish digital instructions.

IMG_6755.JPG

It’s a nice update for the old ones.

Conclusion:

This is a great re-release of the 234/2 Puma as it has been out of production for quite some long time (2019 in the European market, I think), and it comes with a better price than the original Dragon release.

Much better if you consider that you have a new booklet (new paper and better graphics) and a great and extensive decals sheet with lots of markings.

Very Highly Recommend.

Our thanks to AK-Interactive for the review samples and all the support given. To purchase this directly, click THIS link.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the review of this interesting vehicle. I wanted to build a Puma and therefore, I was pleased to see the AK reissue.
I have the Dragon kit 6786, which is the open topped variant with the 7,5 cm KWK. I thought it's the same base kit, but while I checked the box, I found some differences. In my kit there are PE covers for the already opened fender compartments and mine has pre bent metal brackets for the suspension.
The better manual, decals and color chart is definitely a plus for the AK issue.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 8/10/2022 at 9:38 AM, DocRob said:

Thank you for the review of this interesting vehicle. I wanted to build a Puma and therefore, I was pleased to see the AK reissue.
I have the Dragon kit 6786, which is the open topped variant with the 7,5 cm KWK. I thought it's the same base kit, but while I checked the box, I found some differences. In my kit there are PE covers for the already opened fender compartments and mine has pre bent metal brackets for the suspension.
The better manual, decals and color chart is definitely a plus for the AK issue.

Cheers Rob

Thank you for your words.

The adds made by AK and being a bit cheaper, its a win win to AK! So the Pume is most welcome.

Fran

• Like 2